Which owner documents should a NSX owner have?

I have recently agreed a buy on a very nice Acura NSX and am soon starting the process of exporting it out of the US and importing it to my home country in Europe

The registration Bureau in my country tells me that when applying for a Title, I must present:

1. Original Title
2. Certificate Of Origin
3. And possibly: declaration by manufacturer or importer stating year of build and where (country) delivered

Should these documents (or at least 1. and 2.) regularly be in the posession of the owner?

Reason I ask is that when discussing the paperwork present with the car, the seller didn't say anything about having 2. and possibly 3.

Have sent him mail to ask about this, perhaps he just forgot about these documents or is it not normal to have them?
But just in case it isn't normal to have 2. and 3. with the car, where can these be obtained?

#1 all owners should have/be able to get.
#2 most owners will not have (if they are not the original owner). This can sometimes be the "window sticker". It shows the cars origin and parts content origin for the car. See if your seller has the "window sticker" and see if your importing registration bureau will accept as a certificate of origin.
#3 You may be able to get this with the window sticker as well. The window sticker shows year of build and the port (city, state, country) where the car was first delivered in the U.S. Check w/ your bureau if they will accept this document as proof.

Back