• XBox 360

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Wii

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • None

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, I just got rid of my PS2 (don't play it anymore and got some decent money for it). So I'd like to get a new one for me and my buddies to play. I'm out of the loop so I'm asking for opinions.

what kind of games do you play most?

Driving sims, 1st person shooters. But I play those by myself usually, I'm looking for something more 'social'.

In that case I vote for the 360...

xbox live is where its at haha

xbox360 has the most games available right now. and xbox live is the best online gaming available. the Wii is the most fun when you have a bunch of friends over. the PS3 has nothing but blu-ray going for it right now, as nothing worth mentioning has been released on PS3 that isnt just as good on the 360.

None ... go DRIVE your car instead...haha.

Video games have too many buttons now lol ...what happened to up down up down, left right left right A B A B Start?

Driving sims, 1st person shooters. But I play those by myself usually, I'm looking for something more 'social'.

Get the PS3.. Best driving sim is Gran Turismo, the screenshots in GT4 still look better than Forza2 on 360, wait til the next game for the GT series is out.. Even though they don't have as much games out as 360 at the moment, the games they will come out with are better. 360 might have more games now but in the long run PS3 dominates.. :tongue:

Plus if you want to be more 'Social', PS3 is releasing 'Home' as a free download and connects you with other players in a virtual world.

Check out Home here:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/gdc07-clip-the-ps3s-home-242341.php

what happened to up down up down, left right left right A B A B Start?

hahaha.. was that mario bros? or mike tysons punch-out? and I thought it was B A not A B A B? :biggrin:

Personally, I would go with the 360. I have both the 360 and the PS3, and while the graphics on the PS3 are much better than the 360, the average gamer won't even notice. Plus the 360 has a ton more titles right now, and just about everything that is good on PS3 right now, you can also get on 360. The 360 also has a more user-friendly platform, and more accesories. If I HAD to get rid of one of my consoles... the PS3 would go for sure! :cool:

Has anyone with a PS3 played the Formula 1 game? I've been wondering how that was.

I played the demo, which made me decide not to buy it. I was using a regular controller vs an FFB wheel, but still... I wasn't impressed. (not even sure PS3 has a FFB wheel yet :confused: )

X-Box 360. Although I have not played any of the new games but after seeing the preview of Gears of War and PGR3 I really want to buy this consoles.

hahaha.. was that mario bros? or mike tysons punch-out? and I thought it was B A not A B A B? :biggrin:

Personally, I would go with the 360. I have both the 360 and the PS3, and while the graphics on the PS3 are much better than the 360, the average gamer won't even notice. Plus the 360 has a ton more titles right now, and just about everything that is good on PS3 right now, you can also get on 360. The 360 also has a more user-friendly platform, and more accesories. If I HAD to get rid of one of my consoles... the PS3 would go for sure! :cool:

contra code. its up up down down, left right left right, B A B A (select for two players) start. its also the title of a deftones song.

I voted for the Nintendo Wii. Since you want something more social, I think it's the best gaming console. People of all ages (pediatric to geriatric) enjoy playing it, male or female.

Has anyone with a PS3 played the Formula 1 game? I've been wondering how that was.

I played the Demo and it was absolutely incredible:eek: I think I might get the PS3 just for that reason. But to answer the original poster's question, if you are going to do alot of social playing (friends over) I would get the Wii, it really is alot of fun.

If you do alot of Online gaming, the 360 is the way to go.

fantastic! it takes a little while to get used to how flippin' quick those things stop and go :biggrin: ive also been playing the crap out of resistance and the gran turismo hd demo. can't wait for mgs4 :wink:

I just got a xbox360 just for forza 2 and rainbow six las vegas, I actually spend as much time playing the demos compare to regular games.
Maybe you could consider pick up a used unit for cheap.
then get another PS3 when there are more games available.

I highly recommend you go out and find a NSX owner that have these systems to let you try. Let me warn you, if you try Forza just once, game over for you. You will have to have one. I don't work for Microsoft but I like to share my joy.

My vote goes to XBox360.

Reason-Forza 2

Ultimate driving gaming experience. People spend money on car memorabilias and books, for the money you can't buy better than Forza 2. It is both experience and information.

I don't know how to describe it. I only have 1 game, just Forza 2. I tried other driving games on Xbox 360. Gamestop gave me 7 days to exchange, I just play it quickly and return it with disappointment. Test Drive Unlimited was a huge let down after playing Forza.

In Forza 2, the controls are so sensitive, every car drives differently, feels different as well, You feel every little mod, tweak you do to the car. You might be frustrated at first because you can't just smash the throttle or throw the car into corners and expect to do well. The game is really about control and balance. In corners, you can actually throttle control. Braking, downshifting, blip the throttle before enter the turn, the sound is just amazing. Forza 2 is an unbelievable driving experience overall.

I drive NSX-R and Skyline R34 GTR. They are amazing even with just little bit of power mod. +50~100hp or so is plenty. Both cars have 4 wheels yet drives completely differently. The sound is just out of this world.

IMHO PS3 and XBox360 are both must have for driving game fans, but right now Forza 2 is the best. Graphics aside, I would be extremely happy if GT can even come close to top this.

Last edited:
Forza2 has displaced GranTurismo as the ultimate racing title. I've played all the GT's from the very first one on the PS1, and they quite simply don't compare to Forza2 -- it's heads and shoulders beyond GT4.

The wii is a lot of fun in a party but has limited titles. I would highly recommend the XBox360 over the PS3 for its larger selection of titles, more advanced graphics engine and multiplayer capabilities. Forza2 seals the deal.

My vote goes to XBox360.

Reason-Forza 2

Ultimate driving gaming experience. People spend money on car memorabilias and books, for the money you can't buy better than Forza 2. It is both experience and information.

I don't know how to describe it. I only have 1 game, just Forza 2. I tried other driving games on Xbox 360. Gamestop gave me 7 days to exchange, I just play it quickly and return it with disappointment. Test Drive Unlimited was a huge let down after playing Forza.

In Forza 2, the controls are so sensitive, every car drives differently, feels different as well, You feel every little mod, tweak you do to the car. You might be frustrated at first because you can't just smash the throttle or throw the car into corners and expect to do well. The game is really about control and balance. In corners, you can actually throttle control. Braking, downshifting, blip the throttle before enter the turn, the sound is just amazing. Forza 2 is an unbelievable driving experience overall.

I drive NSX-R and Skyline R34 GTR. They are amazing even with just little bit of power mod. +50~100hp or so is plenty. Both cars have 4 wheels yet drives completely differently. The sound is just out of this world.

IMHO PS3 and XBox360 are both must have for driving game fans, but right now Forza 2 is the best. Graphics aside, I would be extremely happy if GT can even come close to top this.

Very well said, and I couldn't agree more. The game is as close to driving the car as you can get without actually driving one. Each and every car drives and handles differently. You can feel the difference in power, the power to weight ratio's, the handling, rear wheel drive, front wheel drive, all wheel drive, mid engine, front engine... EVERYTHING factors into how these cars handle and you definitely need to adjust your driving skills accordingly. I have actuall found it much easier to drive the front wheel drive cars (EVO, WRX...) because they don't spin out as easily and you can punch it alot faster coming out of corners. The game is awesome, and the best driver that I've ever played. As was stated before, I would be happy if GT4 even came close to what this game has set the bar at...

PS3 is going to die off. It's a flop.

Get a grip. It hasn't even been out long enough yet. It's never going to die off because there are too many people that would continue to own a PS2 before they would buy a 360 or Wii, simply because they love the PS systems. Give it another year and 100 more titles and it will be in contention with 360.

Wii, though it is a fun console, I feel is more of a family/kids console. Honestly, the graphics, characters and movements remind me of a cartoon that my kids watch, called "rolly-polly ollie". Very simple, and basic. It's not a poor system by any means, but it wasn't meant to contend with the likes of PS3 or 360. Nintendo decided they didn't want to compete in the graphics market and decided to go in a different direction, hence the more family oriented games. Bravo to them for offering something different to those who don't want a super duper graphics driven high tech dvd playing super computer of a game console.

PS3 all the way...and I'm not just saying that because I develop games for Sony. :D

Comparing GT4 to Forza 2 is a little unfair...as would be comparisons between the PS3 demo GT:HD (the cars in GT:HD look way better than Forza 2).

Forza 2 and Gears of War are both awesome, but not enough so to get me to spend the bucks on a Xbox 360. I also don't have the time to play a lot of games online, so spending money on a service like Xbox Live to occasionally play against friends is not easily justified (I estimated I spent $50 of unplayed game time on Live for the first Xbox...largely because I narrowly missed a window to cancel after a free year's subscription expired).

There are a handful of games coming out that will easily erase doubts about the PS3's eventual success, and I definitely expect GT5 to be a reason to own a PS3. You won't see a serious driving game on the Wii...it's too underpowered and Nintendo is targeting a very different market.

I say get a 360 not because I own one, just because of what I have experienced so far. So far I have a total of 9 games and all I have enjoyed. My cousin bought a ps3 and all he has is a woppin 2 games one of which I owned about a year ahead of my cousin (Fight Night Round 3) and the other wasn't' really that great of a game (MLB The Show). Another reason this generation of games most big budget games will become multi platform so I don't see why I would spend an extra 200 on a system when the cheaper one will give me an identical experience. I would say get a ps3 after the 360 because later on we all know some great games will come out for the ps3 that will be exclusive to it and are practically must have for hardcore gamers.

This is basically my plan for my console purchases this generation.

With regards to the wii I say get it if its mainly a party console type thing your looking for. My sister's boyfriend owns one and man the bowling game is fun and the boxing game too. Its basically the best thing for a group to do together compared to the other consoles. Although it doesn't seem to have anything in its library of games that screams. PLAY ME!!!! PLAY ME!!!! as me much as the sport package.

Back