Where to look for an NSX?

Hey guys/gals
I have begun my more serious search now to find a 91-93 NSX. I am just wondering where you all have looked or are looking for them online and such. The places I currently look:
Ebay-not a whole lot of variety on there lately....but the scams I find entertaining.

Autotrader-can be really hit or miss.
Cars.com-I think a lot of there adds are old
Collectorcartraderonline-seems like most there are high milage models
Nsxtraderonline-all of them are really overpriced there for some reason.
and of course I keep tabs on the Prime board.

But do you guys have other suggestions of where to look?
I am in the Detroit area, so its pretty rare to see one for sale ever around here locally. Will the market pick up here in the spring a bit?
Thanks for your help.

I found mine here on the Prime. I listed a "want to buy" ad and had a few people respond.

In addition you might want to give Autowave in Huntington Beach, CA a call too. Those guys work on alot of NSXs and they'll refer you to a good private seller.

Back from when Blodi was just a youngin finding his way in the nsx world...

Red-NSX found his Imola on Hemmings. I found both of my NSXs here on Prime. But you need to be patient and ready to pull the trigger as soon as you feel the car meets your expectations. Good luck in your search.

I posted here, searched eBay Motors and Autotrader and periodically checked Craigslist of all places. I ultimately found the one I purchased on Craigslist.

I would contact the service manager at nearby Acura dealerships.
Ask the manager if he knows of any NSX's in the area that would be good buys.
If he knows of some ask him to contact the owner and introduce you.
The service managers always know where the cherries are.

I would contact the service manager at nearby Acura dealerships.
Ask the manager if he knows of any NSX's in the area that would be good buys.
If he knows of some ask him to contact the owner and introduce you.
The service managers always know where the cherries are.

My NSX hasn't seen the inside of an Acura dealership since 2005. The only person to service mine is "Big Larry", the Pres of the NSXCA. I don't think that most of the dealerships around my area would even know where to find the engine!!!

My NSX hasn't seen the inside of an Acura dealership since 2005. The only person to service mine is "Big Larry", the Pres of the NSXCA. I don't think that most of the dealerships around my area would even know where to find the engine!!!

I think the original poster was looking for suggestions about where to find a good NSX, not about whether dealerships are the best place to service NSX's or where you or I service our NSX's.
My point is that those who service NSX's (whether it be a LarryB or Acura dealerships) often know where the good NSX's are.
Long time, low mileage owners will often continue to use the dealership where they bought their NSX and those can be the type of NSX's that are good "finds".
In any event dealership service staff and other NSX specific shops are a good starting point in a search for an NSX.

Guessing nobody figured out that I bumped it just because it was funny to see an NSX hardcore owner's early post - I was guessing this was blodi's freshman year intro to Nsx ownership?

Guessing nobody figured out that I bumped it just because it was funny to see an NSX hardcore owner's early post - I was guessing this was blodi's freshman year intro to Nsx ownership?

Well I certainly fell for it.
Feeling foolish

Aw no big deal. I wasn't trying to fool anyone really but I guess Lostbuckeye fell for it first!

Just to mention in case it helps someone:

What got one for me was using advice a realtor from Plymouth Michigan (home of alum04org) once gave when I was looking for a rental property.

Rather that wait to peruse the properties that came up on the multi-list, he said to start writing to owners of properties that catch your eye and start manufacturing some good luck.

After about a dozen PM's to owners in Meeyatch's 'GPW registry' thread, I had a verbal agreement on my baby 4 months later. Just an idea to try!!

Last edited:
God I'm gullable!?

This varies from one area to another. In the Midwest, the places that do the most service work on NSXs are a few dealerships. In a few other parts of the country, there are independent mechanics who do so. And in some parts of the country, you have both - independent guys like Larry B working only a hundred miles from a dealership that does a lot of NSX service work (Davis Acura).

Back