Where To Go Have my car alienment

hello
i went to few alienment shops and they had trouble of the front end because what they were saying is "WE CANT DO ALIENMENT BECAUSE THE TIRES ON THE FRONT AND THE REAR IS DIFFERNT"
Other shop did a trouble free alienment and the toe was WAYYY OFF so i can even look with my eyes and the steerring wheel is off when i go strait too.(got the money back)
where should i go do my alienment? my car was in a accident but since i finnaly changed all the parts including lower upper control arms, knucke, piviot assy, sub frame bracket etc. it will be no problem if someone know what they are doing. im located at long island NY
help!
thanks.

djjoonie said:
hello
i went to few alienment shops and they had trouble of the front end because what they were saying is "WE CANT DO ALIENMENT BECAUSE THE TIRES ON THE FRONT AND THE REAR IS DIFFERNT"
Other shop did a trouble free alienment and the toe was WAYYY OFF so i can even look with my eyes and the steerring wheel is off when i go strait too.(got the money back)
where should i go do my alienment? my car was in a accident but since i finnaly changed all the parts including lower upper control arms, knucke, piviot assy, sub frame bracket etc. it will be no problem if someone know what they are doing. im located at long island NY
help!
thanks.

http://www.rpmracinginc.com they are the ppl to go to.

You went to a few shops and they can't do your alignment?
That just doesn't make sense.
Why did you change all those parts?
What made you decide that you needed to?
Were they visibly damaged?
You got your car repaired and it wasn't aligned by the shop? Did they decide you needed these parts and left you on your own to align the car?
Somethign doesn't make sense.
I can align a NSX.
If there is something wrong with your car that needs to be repaired BEFORE it can be aligned I can find that and fix it too.

hello, thanks for all the replies.
the reason they couldnt do wheel alignment is because my car is sitting low.(eibach springs with bilstein upper perch.)
the bumper blocks the laser when you put those laser stuffs on the wheels.
Front to the back or back to the front is no problem, but the thing is the two front wheels have to get the laser signals from each other, but bumper blocks it..
anyways, thanks.

well, im going to change my rack and pinion since i dont like power steering + it has internal problem, so when i change to manual steering, i will do the alienment then.
thanks you very much for replies

djjoonie said:
hello, thanks for all the replies.
the reason they couldnt do wheel alignment is because my car is sitting low.(eibach springs with bilstein upper perch.)
the bumper blocks the laser when you put those laser stuffs on the wheels.
Front to the back or back to the front is no problem, but the thing is the two front wheels have to get the laser signals from each other, but bumper blocks it..
anyways, thanks.

I have computer based (Hunter) alignment equipment and will have no problem reading/recording your suspension geometry, including the toe(which is the problem they had) no matter how low it is. My NSX used to be VERY low but I put on Tein RA's and raised it a bit to get it closer to spec in the rear. It's still low, but the rear tires now put down a patch bigger than that of a bicycle tire when it was at -3.25 camber in the rear.
Car feels and drives much better.
On older setups, like the shop that couldn't read your toe, one solution is to turn the front heads around and try to read the toe at the rear of the tire and do the math. Not the preferred way but it can work in a pinch.

I must say that the shop on Thonda'a post looks like they work on some awesome cars.

Last edited:
Back