where to get bolts?

• Thread starter Thread starter ak
  • Start date Start date

ak

Legendary Member
Thanks to NSX using all types of obscure metric size bolts, I now have a problem. I need to find Class 10.9 M10x1.25x90mm cap bolts but the only one I can find is Titanium which costs a whooping $20 a piece! :eek: I need 4 of these. Does anyone know of good place online to look? I found some class 8.8 ones but not 10.9. Thanks in advance...

-ak

The Titanium bolt will save you some weight though :D
Makes your car faster.

Side Note: What's so obscure about metric-bolts. Thought is was such a nice logically system and therefore perfect for a logical car like the NSX.

ak said:
Thanks to NSX using all types of obscure metric size bolts, I now have a problem. I need to find Class 10.9 M10x1.25x90mm cap bolts but the only one I can find is Titanium which costs a whooping $20 a piece! :eek: I need 4 of these. Does anyone know of good place online to look? I found some class 8.8 ones but not 10.9. Thanks in advance...

-ak

What do these bolts go to. Honestly, whenever I need such a rare bolt I go to acura. If it's still expensive at acura let me know what they are and I can probably help you out since I know the parts manager.

-x-

It's for my harness bar, thus no acura parts. The bolts that came with the kit is too short in my opinion.(80mm instead of 90mm)

At 80mm-90mm I assume you are talking about the bolts that go through the bottom seat mounts and into the floor? Don't use bolts that are too long or they will punch right through the floorpan of the car. There's not much distance between the bottom of that threaded socket and the outside of the car.

Ever heard the phrase,"Racing costs money. How fast do you want to go?"

Try a search online, for engineering fasteners. I got similar bolts to what you want, here in the UK, so you should be able to there as well.

Re: Metric 90mm bolts

Peter Mills said:
Metric & Multistandard Components Corp.
1228 Old Saw Mill River Rd.
Hawthorne, NY 10532

914-769-5020

You'll need to know the thread pitch.

Thanks Peter. I found their website and it seems what I am looking for is about $16 a piece still. wow.

tough find

Looks like you'll have to pay the bucks.
Just phoned around up here in Metric country and the fine pitch combination - 1.25 - and the grade - 10.9 - is a rare bird!
I thought we might have them on the shelf!
Trev

If you can screw in one and a half times the diameter(1.5 * 10=15mm) maximum strengh is achieved, with fine threaded bolts like you have this can even be one time the diameter.

How many turns can you screw it in now??:confused:

Cees-Jan said:
If you can screw in one and a half times the diameter(1.5 * 10=15mm) maximum strengh is achieved, with fine threaded bolts like you have this can even be one time the diameter.

How many turns can you screw it in now??:confused:

not much. maybe one or two turns.

Back