Where in So Cal can I race?

Please don't flame..lol

I have no clue how to do this....

Is it possible for me to pay $XX to go drive my Honda Accord (or whatever) around a track, or just go as fast as I can on an empty landing strip somewhere?

Not looking for competition.... just want to basically drive fast safely and have a good time.

anywhere to do this around So Cal?

Please point me in the right direction....thanks!

Willow Springs is your best bet in SoCal for the type of experience you are looking for. Keep an eye out for posts in the SoCal forum or the Track Talk forum for posts like this or this.

Instructors are often on hand to give you driving advice and assistance. These events will typically run you around $150. All you need is a helmet and a car in safe, running order.

Willow Springs in Rosamond has 3 tracks. Probably only (2) usable tracks for us. Streets of Willow and Big Willow. The third is Horse Thief, but that's mainly for drifters.

Button Willow has a nice track off I-5.

California Speedway in Fontana, when the street course is available. But its not as fun as Streets...imo.

normal_%255BIMMAGINI%2520TUNING%2520AUTO%255D%2520The%2520Fast%2520and%2520The%2520Furious%2520-%2520Dom%2520and%2520Brian.jpg

Yes John, I totally forgot about "Race Wars" in the desert. I hear there's a pretty quick S2000 with over "$100K under the hood."

I hear theres a kid in a white Jetta too. Hes throwin down the pink slip to his car. Says he aint losin to that fool in the honda 2000. Better be careful.

there is a road course you can do for about 50-60 for the day. back in my nissan days, i use to do gymkhana events. its just ripping up parking lots at stadiums or outside fontana. dodging cones course. it was okay, but didn't have the cambered turns, for obvious reasons.

Back