When will the rain stop so the NSX cam come out

ss_md said:
What do you mean - Californians can drive in the rain, while shaving, reading maps, talking on the mobile phone, putting on make-up, scolding the kids in the back seat and eating. All at the same time! Not to mention driving bumper-to-bumper at 80+ MPH. Californians are just too busy to slow down for a little rain! :eek: This is why I don't drive my NSX in the rain!

Alright guys...I see where your coming from now .... and I don't blame you. The few times I've been to California I've realized that it's not the rain that brings out the bad drivers...it's the sun, clouds, haze, fog, and the clearest of all days. People just do not know how to drive.

And unfortunately, that effect those of us who do and actually enjoy the thrill of driving.

Hope the sun shines for you guys soon. My wife and I are heading to Florida tomorrow for a week in the sun. Too bad the NSX has to stay home :frown:

later

Correction

Someone rear-ended my beater last year because of foggy weather.

No, someone rearended you because they were not paying attention to what they were doing while driving......rearendings happen on the sunshine days too.

And you don't have to be in your beater to get rearended.....you could also be in your garage queen NSX. :rolleyes:

Re: When will the rain stop so the NSX can come out to play

pbassjo said:
The rain keeps you from driving your car?
How about paper cuts?
We don't HAVE a event in the Northeast unless it rains.
I hear ya! I would much rather, and do, drive on the track in the rain than on the street. At least on the track the other drivers are focused and know what they are doing -well most of them. Smile - I don't know how to do "Smilies". Where are the instructions for those things??

Now you whipper-snappers know why I am the Olde Guy!?

Man, I just came back from Las Vegas, I was there and it SNOW on my NSX, so trust me, our NSX are great in all weathers.

OLDE GUY said:
I don't know how to do "Smilies". Where are the instructions for those things??
When you are typing your post, look directly to the right of the box where you're typing. You'll see a selection of eleven different smilies. Just click on the one you want and it will insert the text representing the smilie into your post.

Re: Correction

AndyVecsey said:
Someone rear-ended my beater last year because of foggy weather.

No, someone rearended you because they were not paying attention to what they were doing while driving......rearendings happen on the sunshine days too.

And you don't have to be in your beater to get rearended.....you could also be in your garage queen NSX. :rolleyes:
When my beater was rear-ended, the fog was so bad that I almost hit the person in front of me, too. Traffic stopped dead in the middle of the road. :eek: If traffic is stopped, I slow down plenty of distance ahead, tapping my brakes, to makes sure that the person behind is aware that I am stopping. If I can't see the traffic hazard, then the person behind me is certainly not going to see it. That's what I hate about the fog.

Oh, my NSX was rear-ended too, last year, during the bright, clear daylight of noon. I was stopped at a light, and a stopped diesel truck behind me popped his clutch and bumped me. But at least when it is clear I can see where the other drivers are.

Enough rain already. I need to drive my NSX!!!
EXPRESSION%20-%20Drowning.gif

ANYTIME said:
Enough rain already. I need to drive my NSX!!!
EXPRESSION%20-%20Drowning.gif
Looks like we'll have rain until Tuesday :frown:.

"It never rains in California"................No, it pours!!! :mad:

I've begun construction on my ark already :biggrin:

PoohBEAR said:
She was holding a bottle of eye liner on one hand and applying it to her eye the other hand.

The most bazaar I have seen was at 8 am when I drove my girls to school, a woman drove next to us was brushing her teeth. :rolleyes: My girls had a good laugh. I was just amazed and wondered where she'd spit. May be it is the edible kind for driving use. Hey, there is a new product idea.

Californian tooth paste
SoCal tooth paste
OC tooth paste...

People are entitle to their opinion if they want to drive their cars in the rain as long as they don't tell me that I should do what they do. Driving a nice but dirty sports car is just not an option for me. But then that's just my preference.

I'm hearing rumors of an exotic car event this Saturday at Crystal Cove, Laguna Beach.
T.V. cameras, lots of cool cars, early morning. Maybe a drive after that.
:smile:

welcome to my world. Pacific Northwest. Rains 80% of the time.
I did take it out today as it is cold but clear.
Anytime I take it out in the rain means an automatic wash job as soon as the clouds break.

Back