when is 2nd gen nsx?

I've always wanted a nsx...I like the 2002 new look but Im thinking maybe i should wait for the new style with more perforance but I have no idea when its coming out. Reports of fall of 03 to fall of 04? The other thing that sucks is that after a few years, honda makes tremendous improvements to the same model. Like if i bought a 2nd gen. nsx, in like 3 years they make so many changes to it. Makes you sorry for buying a new honda model when it first comes out.

I doubt the price will be higher...if they do make it over 100k it would compete with likes of ferrari 360 and 911 gt2...honda does not have that kind of market leverage. In contrast, toyota is supposely going to build a super sports car over 100k...in the u.s. market it will wear the lexus tag which does have the market leverage to have decent sale figures. For example, the new RL w/ v8 thats coming out will not sale as much as a Ls400 which costs more. So I doubt I will have to face a increase in price for the 2nd gen. nsx.

Originally posted by nsxtacey:
stacey? it's xtacey...like when driving an nsx. btw, im a male.

There are guys named Stacey, too. Don't sound so offended. Like Stacey Keech.

Originally posted by nsxtacey:
stacey? it's xtacey...like when driving an nsx.

Oh, you must be thinking of ecstasy. You know, like in nsxtasy.
wink.gif

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Now you know how the rest of us feel (about the topic)..

I feel the speculation is a useless waste of my time ,instead of me being working on something that will yeild the $$$$ to actually purchase one (assuming they make one) Which I don't think they will.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Logic suggests that there will not be a second generation NSX. While the current car is a technical and critical success, it has been a commercial failure. Honda initially stated they would break even on sales of about 1500 units per year. After the first two years ('91-'92), sales have never come close to that.

Bottom line, the market for $85k+ cars is razor thin. Unless the car says Ferrari or Porsche or Mercedes on it, the market is so thin it's nearly invisible. If the NSX is replaced, it will be with a very different car - something not mid-engined, not made of aluminum, and not $85k.

You mean like the s2000? I sure hope they do make a new one.

I went to a nsx dealership owned by John Facaro in ny, also part owner of greenwich acura in ct. He mentioned that he is on the nsx committee for honda and would only say that the next one will be over 100k. I had no reason not believe him but alot of people think otherwise.

[This message has been edited by nsxtacey (edited 05 December 2002).]

Back