• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Wheels to clear Brembos

Need set of wheels where the fronts can clear my Brembo F40 calipers which are about 10mm wider than the typical Lotus calipers. Prefer 17 x 8 and 18 X 10. Typical contenders;
HRE, Blitz, Forgeline, Kenesis, Prodrive, Technomagnesio, Volk, Advan, etc. Will consider others if correct fitment. Will consider trade for my almost new LE37Ks as part of deal. Contact Mark at [email protected].

Mark911 said:
Need set of wheels where the fronts can clear my Brembo F40 calipers which are about 10mm wider than the typical Lotus calipers.

I'm not sure if I recall correctly or not, but I thought that the brembo lotus caliper setup already required 63mm clearance between the inside of the wheel to the rotor face. if your F40 calipers are 10mm wider (assuming that it is dispersed 5mm per side) that would mean that you needed 68mm clearance...

I have a set of HRE's in 18x8" that are 3 piece and custom made to clear BBK's and they still can only can accomodate up to 63mm.

maybe someone else can clarify here...

Allen

Very close. With the 32mm rotors the outboard face of the rotor ends up co-plainer with the hub (essentially a flat hat). That's as far inboard as I can go with about 3mm static clearance to the lower upright. From the rotor face, it's about 65mm to the caliper outboard face. Add a few mm for dynamic clearance and you get 67 to 68mm. Subtract about 5mm for hat thickness and you end up with about 62/63 mm minimum from the wheel flange to the inner spoke in the area of the caliper (115mm to 165mm from wheel centerline. All this with a 40mm setback really limits the selection. Unfortunately, I can't go any larger than 17s up front as tire clearance is a big enough problem already. Thanks for responding. Mark

Back