wheels question

I know i'm speaking about those on the facebook, but why would someone say a 16/17 wheel set is worth $1500 or more?

I'm a fat five owner, and realize tire size is limited, but better than 16/17, and realistically speaking, why pay is an nearly unusable size wheel worth that kind of money?

I probably should be posting in the wheels section, but this is a general owner question. If i wanted to keep the car perfectly original is one thing, but drivable is another.

Miner

as a data point many moons ago a carwash scraped up my oem 16/17 96 wheels..they made good on the promise of buying a replacement 17 rear wheel....1200$ from acura....maybe that is the mindset of those selling ....

This would depend heavily on the 16/17 set. OEM Type-S 16/17 will fetch far more than $1,500, for example. The reason someone would say this to be true is due to high demand and low/ discontinued production. If it's a lower end cast wheel like rpf1 or the like, then $1,500 is ridiculous.

just to be clear that was 1200$ for just one wheel..

This would depend heavily on the 16/17 set. OEM Type-S 16/17 will fetch far more than $1,500, for example. The reason someone would say this to be true is due to high demand and low/ discontinued production. If it's a lower end cast wheel like rpf1 or the like, then $1,500 is ridiculous.

Yes. If trying to keep one’s car perfectly original (and something like a type-s).

Back