Wheel turned all the way, makes "grinding" noise.

When i turn my wheel all the way to the left or right as im leaving a parking spot etc.. it makes a grinding sort of noise, sounds just like if a axle was going out. Its a 92 with manual steering. Any ideas of what this could be?

If the drive axle going out on a front wheel drive cars, it will have those knocking noise.

When it's grinding sound, there must be a moving part touch a non moving part. ie, tires/wheels with fender liner (rubbing with over sized tires, incorrect offset), Brakes...

your problem seems to be related to the tire size... what are you using, tire brand, size and what wheel offset??

NSXDreamer2 said:
If the drive axle going out on a front wheel drive cars, it will have those knocking noise.

When it's grinding sound, there must be a moving part touch a non moving part. ie, tires/wheels with fender liner (rubbing with over sized tires, incorrect offset), Brakes...

your problem seems to be related to the tire size... what are you using, tire brand, size and what wheel offset??

Im sure its not the tire rubbing on anything, maybe i shouldnt have said griding noise. Its more of a axle going out sound. But not a clicking sound.

Back