wheel spacers

Hello,

I have a quick question. I really like the look of my stock 98 wheels, however in my opinion they are set too far inside the fender. I want to get some wheel spacers to push them out. Does anyone know what size I should get 15 or 25mm.

Regards,

John

Wheel spacers

I am planning on installing the 25 mm, I have seen the 15 installed on Hrant's car and I have seen the 25 on Andrie's car.
The 25 mm spacer look much better. I think it is also less work to install the 25mm spacers. With the 15mm I belive the existing studs have to be removed or shortened. I see you have a GTI also.:D

suspension geometry

do you think these spacers will have a negative impact on the suspension geometry of the car? If so how bad?

Yes, My wife drives the VR6, great car, I just wish I waited for the 24 valve 201hp version :(

John

As Joseph notes, it is really a matter of personal tatse .........

The 15mm on the front looks perfectly lined up with the fenders. On the rear, it "can" take more but IMO, it looks the way the car should have been originally designed, ie, not strongly accentuated but very stealthy and thus oem looking ....... the proportions in my view are perfect, it does not scream aftermarket but noticeably looks different ....... and every time I look at the car when I back out of my garage with the other car (I am on a slight slope), I keep saying, that looks nice ........ it is also lowered with Bilsteins ........

The 25 mm on the rear will fill the fender more, and will look more like the 15 mm in the fronts, but again in my view, when you use 25 mm with the oem wheels, and those skinny oem size tires, the wheels/tires appear to be hanging out like low rider cars (I am accentuating in here ...... but you get the point). A 255/40/17 tires will give it a slightly more beefy look ........

Some have opted to go 15 mm front and 25 mm rear. Can't speak of the handling characteristics in this combo, but with the 15 mm all around, the car seems to feel more planted.

Andrie also uses 17/18 wheels and thus wider tires which does make a difference in the looks .......

And both need to be replaced with new longer studs, and that is a story all by itself, there was a post here about a week ago how to replace the studs .......

HTH

Last edited:
suspension geometry?

Thanks guys for all your input, but I was still wondering if anyone has heard of adverse affects to the suspension, especially over time.

We all know that if you go to a wider wheel you typically keep the original offset (the wheel is just wider). What we do with spacers is screw up what Acura designed so carefully. 15mm is a little more then half an inch. Which is a lot when you consider the lever arm effect it could have on the bearing and hubs. Now I may be over-reacting, but the NSX seems to be such a precision piece of automotive art that over time I would think excessive wear could occur. If anything I'm sure the car would need to be re-aligned after the spacers. What do you guys think?

Regards,

John

Hrant is pretty close in his assessment. The 15mm front spacers are ideal, as the 25's will sometimes cause rubbing of the vent plastic behind the AC condensors, and it makes the wheels look a little funny compared to the front fenders. But the 15's require new studs and the 25's do not.

The rear is ideal with 25 in my opinion. Ideal bolt on mod. Helps keep the rear under control slightly better, but just looks great.

No need for any changes to suspension geometry (i.e. alignment) as ride height is not affected. But you center of gravity is in a good way:D

No know problems associated, except when using spacers (not adapters as they have their own studs) without longer wheel studs. Buy them from Mark at Dali, I think his automatically come with the longer studs.

For wider fenders, the spacers/adapters may be all you need. But for the ultimate look, you will want wheels with new offsets to properly fill those fenders, and give you those really nice lips like the new SOS "Whitey" with the TE37's.

Hrant said:

Andrie also uses 17/18 wheels and thus wider tires which does make a difference in the looks .......

When I use the 25mm spacers, I'm using the stock 16/17 wheels. My 17/18 wheels do not need spacers.

And both need to be replaced with new longer studs, and that is a story all by itself, there was a post here about a week ago how to replace the studs .......

HTH

With the 25mm spacers you do not need to replace the studs with longer ones.

I have no problem in rubbing with the 25mm spacers. And my car is very low.

I stand corrected re the 25 mm, but then what do I know, I just drive the thing ........ ;)

As for rubbing with the fenders, this is one of the black boxes since there seems to be so much variation among cars, especially if you also play with suspension stiffness ....... even with 15 mm I was told it "might" rub on the track under heavy turning.

It would be nice if we could line up some comparison pictures of stock, with 15mm, 25 mm on oem wheels, then with aftermarket wheels and I think Gheba has a 40 or 45 mm with opics all taken at say a 45 degree angle looking at the rear quarter panel in the foreground to the front quarter panel in the back .....

This car has 25mm wheel adapters front and back.

Attachments

• texas motorsports park.jpg
    texas motorsports park.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 264
This car does not, but unfortunately has aftermarket wheels. Maybe Donymo will chime in with wheel sizes and offsets.

Attachments

• img_0412.jpg
    img_0412.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 262
'93 wheels and spacers?

Has anyone tried spacers with the '93 wheels (5 spoke)?

I'm gonna get bilstein shocks installed on my car soon and also want spacers installed.

I'm going with 25mm in the rear but not sure about the front. I see that some people think the 25mm might be too much for the front (sticks out awkwardly).

Should I get the 15mm? 25mm?
How do they look on the 5 spoke wheel?

Back