Wheel repair shop in SGV or South Cal?

JCC

Experienced Member
Today I was driving home doing about 40 mph and I drove over a patch of road that was uneven. Upon impact I felt a strong thump but thought nothing of it. 2 blocks from my home I noticed that my rear drivers side tire was flat. It didnt seem to bad from the outside so I decided to drive the remaining 2 blocks to my house. Upon arrival I noticed that the inside of the wheel was almost completely off the wheel. :eek:

Upon removing the wheel I noticed that the inside of the wheel was damaged. Sh?t. The damage is about 4 inches long and about 1/2 inch deep on the inside of the wheel. I am hoping to take the wheel to a wheel repair shop but don't know of any. Any recommendations in SGV or South Cal.?

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117537

S4play just had his wheel repaired and repainted there, PM him for his results. I'm a bit biased. I've had several wheels done there also. He's willing to ship.

Thanks KooLaid. This place sounds like the perfect shop for what I need, however I don't think I want to have the wheel shipped. This may be my last option if I cannot find another shop close to me.

Thanks nonetheless.

I will try the shop that "RU N LUV2" recommended this week.

"Fast Foreward" ... I highly recommend.

sounds like something i'd consider for this summer's "TO DO" list for the nsx. some minor curb rashes, but to refinish the wheel's polished and silver look will be a part of the job as well.

plus it's super local for me...:biggrin:

JC!!! That sucks!!! I had my rims repaired in Moreno Valley....kinda far for you....but they did a great job. Good luck and lets get a group together for a cruise.

Tony

Ohhh man, sorry to hear that JC:frown:

You can try calling Performance Wheel Repair. TWS basically right next door outsources them to do wheel repairing.
(909)534-8672
They're located in Walnut.

If you need some help sometime, give me a call!

You can try calling Performance Wheel Repair. TWS basically right next door outsources them to do wheel repairing.
(909)534-8672

You're right....I think that was the same place I went to. They had before and after wrecked rims....some had chunks missing and they fixed them like new. Good Luck JC....I'm pretty sure they can be fixed easily....mine were pretty bad.

You're right....I think that was the same place I went to. They had before and after wrecked rims....some had chunks missing and they fixed them like new. Good Luck JC....I'm pretty sure they can be fixed easily....mine were pretty bad.

Thanks Tony and Eric. With two recommendations I will stop by tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

Custom Wheel Repair in Anaheim... ask for Paul Watanabe he's the owner...

they do fantastic work... they have worked on my nsx and my 24" rims for my truck...

they also handle a lot of high end euro wheels custom and one offs...

Not sure if truwheel is still around but look into them also....good luck jc

A friend of mine just went here to have a couple of his Lotus Elise wheels straightened and was happy with the work they do.

Pico Wheel Service

Pico Wheel Service
13149 Sherman Way
North Hollywood, CA 91605
818-982-0375

(909)534-8672

Got my wheel fixed yesterday at Performance and I am very happy with the results. I also went to TWS next to Performance and got a set of Toyo T1R tires 275/30/19 for $290 each which was the cheapest I could find. :biggrin:

Thanks again everyone for the recommendations.

Was the tires on the rim dismounted? Is that price included in the $60?

Yes. I brought the wheel with the tire (flat, blown tire) to the shop and he dismounted the tire and repaired the dent for $60. I didn't do any more comparison shopping but the price seemed fair. Besides two Primers, Erik (OnebadKA9RL) and Tony (tpagannsx) recommended the shop so I felt at ease getting the work done.

Got my wheel fixed yesterday at Performance and I am very happy with the results. I also went to TWS next to Performance and got a set of Toyo T1R tires 275/30/19 for $290 each which was the cheapest I could find. :biggrin:

Thanks again everyone for the recommendations.

Ooops sorry JC. Was a bit late to read this thread. Glad everything worked out. Perfect tire choice btw :biggrin:

We need another SGV meet soon!

Ooops sorry JC. Was a bit late to read this thread. Glad everything worked out. Perfect tire choice btw :biggrin:

We need another SGV meet soon!

Hi Jerry. I agree we need another SGV meet or even a local drive like Reagan had suggested a few weeks back.

BTW, I don't have your new cell, can you PM me.

Been away for a while. All work and no play makes me a dull boy. Wish I saw this sooner but it seems you've been able to find a place.

For next time, but not hoping for a next time, try Rainbow Polishing. I use to go to them way back in my broke High School days. Yes, they are still around and yes they still do decent work for cheap.

Rainbow Polishing
Address: 10050 Fern St, El Monte, CA 91733 Phone:(626) 575-1300
I took my wheels recently to (I forget the name) but they're on Lower Azusa Rd recommended by Don and David at Tire Central. Only reason I took it to them was because I could pick it up on Saturday and they had a quicker turn around time. Otherwise it would have gone to Rainbow.

Let's plan a SGV meet soon! i'm open for options.

Back