• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Repair/Refinish in San Diego (or nearby area)?

Hi Guys,

I want to get some wheels repaired and refinished while I'm in SD. Are there any reputable shops that can do this in the area? If I have to travel to the "best" a couple of hours away then so be it.

Thanks for the help!

Two suggestions:

1) U.S. Wheel Repair in Santee/El Cajon
I've taken wheels there before. They do a good job, for a decent price, but work took about 1-2 weeks.

2) American Factory Wheel near Qualcomm Stadium
Was referred to this place as an alternate to U.S. Wheel Repair. They seem to do faster turnaround, but prices are a little higher. I can't speak to the quality of their work, but I'm lead to believe they know what they're doing. However, I can't speak to their customer service either. Went there just for a minor repair on a center cap, but the guy providing the estimate gave off an attitude like he had bigger jobs he'd rather deal with.

Hi Guys,

I want to get some wheels repaired and refinished while I'm in SD. Are there any reputable shops that can do this in the area? If I have to travel to the "best" a couple of hours away then so be it.

Thanks for the help!

San Diego Wheel polishing

2547 Commercial St San Diego, CA 92113
<nobr>(619) 696-1226

Small shop that can work miracles</nobr>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks for the info Randy!

Go KRT, do you have first hand experience with the company? What was the turn around time if you did? Any before/after pictures? Thanks

I am sorry that I didn't pay attention to this thread.....wish you had sent me a PM. Yes, I have had personal experience with "Javier" (owner) @ San Diego wheel polishing. When everyone else (US Wheel Repair) told me that they had to heat/bend/fix my chromed wheels, then re-chrome, Javier was able to straighten them without cracking the chrome, or weakening the wheel with heat (Miata). He also re-polished my HRE's (NSX) and made them look new again. His prices are extremely reasonable and turn around is 24-48 hours. Same day for polishing if you call him in advance and are willing to wait or come back later.

Back