• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel pros. I really need help ASAP!

Guys my daughter has a 2000 Celica GT-S in premium cond. She's been screaming for wheels all year and I hoped she'd wait for Christmas but she gets her impatience from me I suppose. She sent me this Ebay pic and grant it they look really nice but the price scares the hell outta me. I'm all for saving money but I'm not comfortable with this. Problem is, she's about to purchase them without me. Has anyone here got input on them. Thank you in advance, David.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Wheels-J..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item5667479eae&vxp=mtr

They should be fine as all wheels produced should meet dot standards, but the problem is are they strong enough for the first pot hole. Most wheels should be fine, bit knowing how girls especially young girls drive without regard to swerving for potholes may end up bending or cracking. Cheap wheels tend to bend and crack more easily. I would probably just save the money and get her a set of enkeis or Advans.

Three red flags for me:

1) Unless I just missed it, the brand name of the wheels was not listed anywhere. I assume these are really low-quality wheels (also not a stretch to think that given the BIN price). I would worry that they are heavy and would not balance out well. I don't think "drift alloy" is a brand name as I googled it and came up empty as far as brand name.

2) 25% restock return policy.

3) The price: $238. The sum of the digits = 13, an unlucky number. (OK, this last one is a stretch.):biggrin:

I say it depends on whether she has $238 disposable dollars.

Funny thing is, it'll be my disposable money.:redface: I've promised her wheels for Christmas and she's been on the hunt from the moment the words left my mouth. I'm going to slow her roll and do some looking myself.
Three red flags for me:

1) Unless I just missed it, the brand name of the wheels was not listed anywhere. I assume these are really low-quality wheels (also not a stretch to think that given the BIN price). I would worry that they are heavy and would not balance out well. I don't think "drift alloy" is a brand name as I googled it and came up empty as far as brand name.

2) 25% restock return policy.

3) The price: $238. The sum of the digits = 13, an unlucky number. (OK, this last one is a stretch.):biggrin:

I say it depends on whether she has $238 disposable dollars.

Funny you've posted these, I actually purchased a similar (or same) set for my Mercedes coupe daily driver for winter snow tires and didn't have any issues. Obviously with the price, they aren't great performance or insane quality... but really the same as any "replica" wheels.

With a decent size tire, on a non-lowered car I think you will be a-ok.

Funny thing is, it'll be my disposable money.:redface: I've promised her wheels for Christmas and she's been on the hunt from the moment the words left my mouth. I'm going to slow her roll and do some looking myself.

Back