Wheel decision help, very fussy

Hey guys and girls, i have put a deposit down on a 91 nsx a couple of weeks ago that i should receive soon, it comes with the standard 16/17" setup, and a 17/18" aftermarket setup, wheels look similar to some form of bbs replica, but unfortunately, im not big on bbs's, in fact as the title stated I am very fussy.

I only have one wheel im interested in atm, and thats the Advan rs, probably in a gunmetal grey or black, (with the black roof of the early model, i believe it would match black rs's quite well) i considered ce28's but the multistud look they have put me off, cr kai's but that was jsut a phase, and the na2 17/18's but the rs' are jsut better overall.

As you can see i like more of a race/ track stance over anything bling, as far as sizes go i am thinking 17/18, with 8-8.5 up front, and 9.5-10 at the rear, with the right offset im sure i could get it to fit. As far as tyres go, maybe 225-235 front, and 265-275 rear?

Now the reason i am posting other than to get your approval =P or maybe some suggestions is, there is only one other wheel that i have come across that may suite, but i only have one picture of them and have no idea what they are, so i have come for your help if anyone knows.

S2K1.jpg

i have had this picture for ages but cant recall where i got it from, and never asked what they where, anyone got any ideas, or have any pics of this wheel on an nsx?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Make sure you go with proper offsets, don't do anything crazy because later you will dump the wheels... What you suggessted for the rear will work fine but i would not go as wide in front, you want to put a 215/40R17 on a rim that is not wider than 8".

The wheel you posted the picture of looks like Rays Gram Light 57 Optimize.

Last edited:
Make sure you go with proper offsets, don't do anything crazy because later you will dump the wheels... What you suggessted for the rear will work fine but i would not go as wide in front, you want to put a 215/40R17 on a rim that is not wider than 8".

The wheel you posted the picture of looks like Rays Gram Light 57 Optimize.

Thanks for your feedback, you seem to be right about the 57 optimize, although the one in my pic seems to be quite an extreme ofset as opposed to any other pics i have seen of them.

In regards to my sizes, i was unaware i should not go any wider than 215 at the front, i guess im going to have to get use to some changes with a mid engine care. Thanks for your help again.

RS's are nice and still on my want list but are getting harder to find since discontinued. Even then, I despise waiting 90 days, arrrrrg!!!:rolleyes:

really they discontinued the rs? what about rz

i have had this picture for ages but cant recall where i got it from, and never asked what they where, anyone got any ideas, or have any pics of this wheel on an nsx?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

The wheels you posted look like Prodrive GC10's. Here's a pic of them on Keiichi Tsuchiya’s NSX-R

noriyaro_hot_version_maze_honda_nsx_020.jpg

If you go with RS's, go with the standard fitment everyone seems to get. 17×8 et37 (f) and 18×10 et35 (r). Tires: 215/40/17 and 265/35/18. You can probably manage 275's in the rear, but I think 265's look best.

First of all i didnt get any link for the pic with tsuchiya's car and the gc10's, did anyone else?

In regards to the rs's, yes i agree with your fitment, i have done a bit of investigating on prime, and nobody seems to have any issues with those specs. Would i have to roll the guards at all?

Its a shame they have discontinued them, i was unaware of that, i guess i should start sourcing them quite soon.

I apologies if this is a stupid question, and im sure its been asked before but why only 215 at the front? I understand that it would be lighter, and perhaps easier to steer, due to the 91 model having no p/s, but this is a performance vehicle and i thought it would of been wider at the front, 215 v 265/75 is quite a big difference, i was originally thinking 235's for the front, why is this not a good idea?

Anyway thanks again for your thoughts, and oppinions.

First of all i didnt get any link for the pic with tsuchiya's car and the gc10's, did anyone else?

In regards to the rs's, yes i agree with your fitment, i have done a bit of investigating on prime, and nobody seems to have any issues with those specs. Would i have to roll the guards at all?

Its a shame they have discontinued them, i was unaware of that, i guess i should start sourcing them quite soon.

I apologies if this is a stupid question, and im sure its been asked before but why only 215 at the front? I understand that it would be lighter, and perhaps easier to steer, due to the 91 model having no p/s, but this is a performance vehicle and i thought it would of been wider at the front, 215 v 265/75 is quite a big difference, i was originally thinking 235's for the front, why is this not a good idea?

You don't need to do any "rolling" with the RS fitments. The wheel sizes and tire sizes have been proven to work without any issues. There isn't much to roll anyways. The fronts don't give much flexibility as far as what sizing you can go with, 235 will probably rub with these offsets. Secondly, it probably will not look right.

235 (and 215) is generally too wide AND too tall for the front of the NSX.
215 is the best match for the OEM diameters. Remember that the NSX front wheel wells aren't as deep as many other cars.

Here's a picture difference I took from another member of the same wheel with different tire sizes
225/35/18 on a 18x8 (he was having rubbing issues with this, so we suggested he change it out to the smaller size)
NSX_Wheels_offset_shots_225.jpg

215/35/18 on a 18x8 (rubbing issues eliminated)
NSX_Wheels_offset_shots_215.jpg

Last edited:
Back