What's your favorite obscure car timesuck (car website)?

We all know about streetifire, ebay motors, and various car rag websites and what a time-suck they can be (especially nsxprime for that hour or so after dinner when the couch is calling your name...) if not taken in moderation. But for those upcoming cold & snowy days spent indoors:

What are some of your favorite less well known car-related websites?

The owner of http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/ has a good eye for interesting cars for sale. He's an NSX fan (and owner, I believe) and seems to keep his eye on NSX prime too.

The Drive and Rosenthal Automotive youtube channels as well as Adam Carolla's CarCast can be pretty entertaining.

I'd love to learn of a few new ones.

for me there can be only one:wink:

We all know about streetifire, ebay motors, and various car rag websites and what a time-suck they can be (especially nsxprime for that hour or so after dinner when the couch is calling your name...) if not taken in moderation. But for those upcoming cold & snowy days spent indoors:

What are some of your favorite less well known car-related websites?

The owner of http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/ has a good eye for interesting cars for sale. He's an NSX fan (and owner, I believe) and seems to keep his eye on NSX prime too.

The Drive and Rosenthal Automotive youtube channels as well as Adam Carolla's CarCast can be pretty entertaining.

I'd love to learn of a few new ones.

Thanks for the compliment Yinzer.
Rarecarsforsaleblog.com is my site, I spend a lot of time looking at cars I admire so I wanted to condense them into one spot. Thanks for reading!

The sites I enjoy are Speedhunters, Maydaygarage & Motormavens.

It's not too obscure but I can kill some hours with Jay Leno's Garage.

Used to be Prime, but there has been such a substantial drop in activity and turnover, so I've been all over Rennlist, Bring a Trailer, and EBay of course.

Thanks for the compliment Yinzer.
Rarecarsforsaleblog.com is my site, I spend a lot of time looking at cars I admire so I wanted to condense them into one spot. Thanks for reading!

Wow my hat's off to you Jeff, I've enjoyed your site quite a bit over the last year. First stumbled upon it when an nsxprime member posted about a '92 GPW w/19k miles he was contemplating. After I my heart started beating again since I was 10+ months into a GPW search of my own and hadn't known about that one, I did some online sleuthing only to find it listed 40 minutes away from me (almost gave me heart attack at that point) as well as on your site.

To give another plug to your site, I loved the 1996 300ZX w/127 miles that was the spitting image of my black '91 as well as the '97 ITR. I'm in need of a daily driver to replace my 216k mile Accord and was going to call on the Integra since it's only a few hours from me and young with "only" 127k miles, but it had just sold! How fun it could have been to own a white NSX and ITR.

I did not know about speedhunters.com or bringatrailer.com until this thread. Many thanks guys - please keep them coming!

Wow my hat's off to you Jeff, I've enjoyed your site quite a bit over the last year. First stumbled upon it when an nsxprime member posted about a '92 GPW w/19k miles he was contemplating. After I my heart started beating again since I was 10+ months into a GPW search of my own and hadn't known about that one, I did some online sleuthing only to find it listed 40 minutes away from me (almost gave me heart attack at that point) as well as on your site.

To give another plug to your site, I loved the 1996 300ZX w/127 miles that was the spitting image of my black '91 as well as the '97 ITR. I'm in need of a daily driver to replace my 216k mile Accord and was going to call on the Integra since it's only a few hours from me and young with "only" 127k miles, but it had just sold! How fun it could have been to own a white NSX and ITR.

Thanks for sharing your story, we have very similar taste in cars =). It would have been awesome if you procured that '97 ITR - it looked like a good one and would have been awesome next to your GPW NSX! Thanks for reading!

http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/

jsl757, some nice finds recently at your site.

mp412cvorsteiner4c.jpg

silverrx7red1b.jpg

Oh insomnia, you so ruined my weekend travel plans...

Has anyone subscribed to the iPad or print versions of Top Gear and found it worth the price?

I converted my print subscriptions of c&d, autoweek, and automobile to iPad in 2011 and strangely am months behind in all. Somehow I'm not as inspired to dive in monthly now as I was with print, but I'm very glad to not be accumulating or discarding piles of print magazines.

What's my car Worth just showed a 300 mile Ford GT auction off at $160k. Seemed kind of low for a minter.

u6y7atav.jpg

Great show though, with a hostess with the mostess, even if her cheesy scripted lines make John Davis from Motorweek sound as smooth as The Most Interesting Man in the World!

e5eha4eh.jpg

Last edited:
NSXPRIME
Bring A Trailer
Barn Find
Craigslist-Dallas
EBAY

Back