whats this wrecked nsx worth? jh4na1183st000250

1995 nsx t 118k miles clean title 5spd red/blk
clutch in good condition
motor swap by driving ambition 72-73k miles on motor with papers
1 small 1 in crack on pass. side fender by tires.
both front seats side bolster are worn
t top has scratches and one small dime size ding
wings west front lip has scrapes from normal driving

damaged in the rear end. see pic.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155407

Last edited:
Re: whats my wreck nsx worth?

at least $30k + the engine swap (since that technically adds value to the car unlike aftermarket power adders and stereo systems).

For a wrecked '95?? Did you see the pics?

OP, what insurance company is offering you the settlement? I'm interested b/c this may be one to avoid as they are not offering "Actual" value of the car.

I would pay somewhere between, $10k-$12k based on the severity of the crash and the salvage title.

Should message Shawn, he might buy it from you :D

In 2009 I paid my insurance company $6800 to buy back my "totaled" 95 w/92k miles on it.

It wasn't hit anywhere near as bad as yours though and was easily rebuildable.

I looked at it. its priced right. the rear damage and frame damage could be further up the car than the pics suggest.

to bring this car back would be about
1500-2000 for a new rear clip.
2000 bucks to weld it.
used rear lights about 500 or so.
rear upper/lower bumper 500+
trunk lid 400-700
spoiler if you need it about 399
muffler repair or replace 200-500
both rear quarter panels 400+ each

does it drive? I mean possible rear upper and lower control arms, rear sway bar is def going to be bent.

all depends maybe 10-17K to bring her back.
now with that said. if you found one that was hit in the front for less then 10-17 you could repair it and have parts left over to sell lowering the actual cost of the repair.

just saying.
I cant say how many NSX's I have in route to my house but Im poor now.
new threads are coming soon ( spoiler )

from the look of the pics was it sitting there and some one rammed it? what happend?

I would have comeout side with my Barret M82A1 .50 cal

Last edited:

For a wrecked '95?? Did you see the pics?

OP, what insurance company is offering you the settlement? I'm interested b/c this may be one to avoid as they are not offering "Actual" value of the car.

I would pay somewhere between, $10k-$12k based on the severity of the crash and the salvage title.

Should message Shawn, he might buy it from you :D

Yes I saw the photos prior to you since the OP has been messaging me on Facebook earlier today.

$30k for 1995 NSX

In 2009 I paid my insurance company $6800 to buy back my "totaled" 95 w/92k miles on it.

It wasn't hit anywhere near as bad as yours though and was easily rebuildable.

This is about right for the OP's car, in its present condition.

You need at least $15k in repair, at the end of which you would have a 1995 NSX with a salvage title, with higher mileage and a worn interior, worth about $20k.

Given the severity of the impact there is likely extensive frame and suspension damage, perhaps even damage to the engine and transmission. Frankly, I wouldn't even pay $6800 without putting the car on a rack to see exactly what damage is present, and what components can be salvaged.

In terms of the car itself, my opinion is it's done for.

It's interesting that armed with the information gleaned from here you hope top be ahead of what the insurance company and it's resources can consider for the same circumstance.

This is about right for the OP's car, in its present condition.

You need at least $15k in repair, at the end of which you would have a 1995 NSX with a salvage title, with higher mileage and a worn interior, worth about $20k.

Given the severity of the impact there is likely extensive frame and suspension damage, perhaps even damage to the engine and transmission. Frankly, I wouldn't even pay $6800 without putting the car on a rack to see exactly what damage is present, and what components can be salvaged.

In terms of the car itself, my opinion is it's done for.

I agree.

And Batman, I thought the OP was referring to how much his wrecked car would sell for. And list price vs. sale price are apples and oranges.

the engine is worth about 4-6K and all the parts you could " on paper "
double your money back. cut it into chunks and sell to alum recycle

Im not saying do that but its always an option.

but a running NSX should never be destroyed its a piece of perfection and can be again. if you put it on the side of your house fix it one part at a time.

I would have comeout side with my Barret M82A1 .50 cal

Shawn,
Now we know why your neighbors let you get on with all those NSXs! "Talk softly and carry a big gun!" :wink:
You sure have good taste in toys. Santa must love coming to your house. Happy holidays! :smile:
Richard

Re: whats this wrecked nsx worth?

The insurance company and collision repair shop have the burden of repairing the vehicle according to manufacturer's recommendation which is why the vehicle is totaled out.

In the private sector people do whatever they want when rebuilding and if their main focus is cost and form, not function they can have a finished product for much less. When safety, structural integrity and function are not the primary goal or concern the cost of repairs can be significantly less. Buyers with this intention can pay more, sometimes considerably more for the car than a salvage yard will at a auction.
Target those people, the private rebulider, and you are likely to get much more for the car than the insurance company may charge to retain the salvage.

FWIW. In time this will change. When interest in these cars wane and when the industry catches on to this buying trend, the price of salvage on these cars will reflect not what the salvage yards are able to pay but the what the private re-builder will pay.

I have seen private buyers and rebuilders buy these cars for 300 -400% over what the salvage would normally be.

Are you up for this and able to do so is what you have to ask yourself.

Last edited:

ive seen the car is pretty hammered in the rear but i mean i could fix it. my little bro wants it so im gonna grab it for him

That's the spirit Macninja! Please restore another one of these fine machines to it former glory. You've done it before.

Back