Whats the Market Value on 98'nsx-t?

whats the market value for a 98'nsx-t yellow/blk 6spd w/ 110k miles, garage kept, awesome condition, new tires all around, ssr 17's, 120k mile service done, brand new comptech clutch/flywheel, brand new tbelt, wpump, just had valves adjusted

just wondering guys, thanks!!

dlynes said:
whats the market value for a 98'nsx-t w/ 110k miles, garage kept, awesome condition, new tires, ssr 17's, 120k mile service done, brand new comptech clutch/fly, brand new tbelt, wpump, just had valves adjusted

just wondering guys, thanks!!

mid to high 30k's:wink:

In all fairness, I don't think anyone can give you a precise estimate for such a car, because there aren't a whole lot of cars like that (newer cars with miles that high).

Obviously, it's not going to be worth as much as an average mileage (40K) '98, which typically goes for upper forties, and it's going to be worth more than a high mileage '91-92, which typically goes for mid to upper twenties. It's somewhere in between, but I don't think anyone can tell you whether it's likely to sell for, say, $34K vs $40K, which is a fairly wide price range.

nsxtasy said:
In all fairness, I don't think anyone can give you a precise estimate for such a car, because there aren't a whole lot of cars like that (newer cars with miles that high).

Obviously, it's not going to be worth as much as an average mileage (40K) '98, which typically goes for upper forties, and it's going to be worth more than a high mileage '91-92, which typically goes for mid to upper twenties. It's somewhere in between, but I don't think anyone can tell you whether it's likely to sell for, say, $34K vs $40K, which is a fairly wide price range.

Im a just speaking from experience:wink: I see lots of high-mileage NSX's at the auctions and normally as pretty on par with prices.

The Kid said:
Im a just speaking from experience:wink: I see lots of high-mileage NSX's at the auctions and normally as pretty on par with prices.

Auction values vs. Private Party are not normally anywhere close... of course you already know that. :)

I think high 30's is fair. That is more miles than most 91-93 cars have.

What I would do...

For all it's worth... I would offer initially $27.5k. Then, through patience, negotiation, and time I would be flexible to go upto $31.5k. My absolute peak offer would be $32.5k (maybe $33.5k is there were zero issues, cosmetic or mechanica/technical).

At the price mentioned above, if you planned to keep this NSX-T for 6-8yrs, it's a bargain... that's how I look at it. If it was a 1-2yr 'fun-car', I'd get something that'll be more marketable when you're ready to 'flip'.

In February '05, I had the opportunity to pursue two '98 NSX-T 6spds' offered at $42.5(a) & $40.5k(b). Both had higher than avg. miles (69k(a) and 78k(b) respectively). I was a bit idealistic (already having a NSX, training in London, yet the NSX'es were in the US) in that I would've made a move at $36.5k and possibly $37.5k at most for either NSX-T... but $39.5k(a) & $38.9k(b) were lowest either owner would go.

Private party i'd say $35-$39, seems it might be worth it to spend $5-10k more for one with 50k less miles.

I think in this case, KBB might be a fair place to check.

Vance

I think it really depends on condition and other information. A 100K miles car with perfect condition and all maintenance records since inception might bring more money than one with 10 owners and no records. I'd say mid thirties, max.

b

The main reason I'd be somewhat concerned regarding paying more than low/mid 30's is future resale. NSX's with under 100k, even 120k, stay fairly consistent in value and have a "wide" appeal to the market, if any NSX has such a thing. Once you own it for a few years, and if you drive it regularly, you may end up with 140k+. I will predict this would significantly reduce the proportion of the NSX buyers interested in your car. Then again, it is 97+ which negates this marginally.

Back