Whats my car worth? 91 NSX Higher Mileage

If anyone has time take a minute to read the details about my car and tell me what its worth. Thank you in advance for your input. I have a feeling I will get inquires about my car even though its not in the for sale section. Which is ok but I'm only considering selling - not certain. Car is in PA.

91 Acura NSX - 5 Speed
Black/Ivory
2nd Owner - all documentation & window sticker
85,xxx thousand miles
No mods!
Super Clean Carfax
Garaged kept since day 1

Fully Serviced & soon to be serviced!
Timing Belt - h20 pump - valves adjusted - new cam seals - new bose radio & rebuilt speaker - clutch replaced - new upper trans case/snap ring.
(All above done at ACURA DEALER less than 5,000 miles ago - over $6000.00 in reciepts)

Overall excellant condition with no bolster wear to drive seat - front bumper and right rear fender was repainted once because of small parking lot dent. But no major accidents/collisions.

thanks guys.

A few questions.

Aren't you the guy with the snap ring problem. And if so. Is it fixed?

And why are you considering selling?

Just curious

DocL said:
Maybe $30k.
Sounds about right. While the mileage is above average, the fact that all maintenance has been performed and there are presumably no known issues are a big plus.

You may want to specify whether the window regulators have been upgraded (either with new style regulators or with the fix-it thingies). That's the one question I would have.

No the regulators are not upgraded - however I plan on doing it. 30k seems a lot for my car. I was thinking 28k. Maybe the demand will go up once it gets warming pushing up the price. The demand for cars does rise in the spring.

I'm just afraid if I sell my "well maintain" car and get a used 95+ targa i might run into problems. (clutch ect)

thanks for the input everybody!!!

List it for $30k if you really want $28k for it. People have a tendency to offer $2k below asking price. If you get an offer for $28k, great. If the seller is willing to pay the full $30k, hey, all the better. :)

well for one....the best time to sell a car is when you don't need to...that way you're in no hurry to sell it and won't take anything less then what you want...someone will eventually buy it at your price.. especially with all the work that has been done to it....

good luck.

Wow, you guys consider that 85,000 is high? It's a 12 year old car, and that's like 7,000 miles a year. Myself, I consider that fairly low mileage, considering it's a Honda product and probably could run to 250,000 miles. But that's just me.

nsxexotic said:
No the regulators are not upgraded - however I plan on doing it. 30k seems a lot for my car. I was thinking 28k...

LOL!! You are the only person I have ever heard of who talks their OWN price DOWN!! HAHA!!! :D

Just trying to be honest Meeyatch1! - who knows I'll compare my car with other cars on the market. Thats how you find out what your car is worth right??? NOT kbb blue book!

My mirrors have road wear on them. Who thinks repainting them will increase the value of my car and who things it will decrease? I hear a lot of talk "keep as much original paint as possible," but mirrors. What do you think?

And paulviriyapan, 80k miles is not high but to consumers it may seem high relative to other NSX's - of course low mileage is a plus.

You've probably already done this but I still think its worth mentioning. Just go on Autotrader and set the distance to 'any,' the model year to '91-92, and you'll get a good representation of prices relative to mileage and service status. From my own searching I'd say $30k is high for a car with 85000 miles, but then again a lot of cars aren't as maintained as well as yours. Personally, I probably wouldn't call about your car at that price b/c of the mileage. Again, just my opinion, and every buyer is different. Best of luck!

Nate

paulviriyapan said:
Wow, you guys consider that 85,000 is high? It's a 12 year old car, and that's like 7,000 miles a year.
Median mileage on NSXs is 5,000 miles a year. So 85K miles on a '91 is above average. Incidentally, a '91 is actually 13 years old, not 12. ;)

Originally posted by Big_nate
Just go on Autotrader and set the distance to 'any,' the model year to '91-92, and you'll get a good representation of prices relative to mileage and service status. From my own searching I'd say $30k is high for a car with 85000 miles, but then again a lot of cars aren't as maintained as well as yours.
Most of the listings on Autotrader are from dealers. And dealers deal in cars as commodities. What I mean by that is, most dealers will not know anything about snap ring, window regulators, timing belt, etc etc etc. So when you buy a used NSX from a dealer, you rarely get a complete service history or a car that you can be confident is entirely up to date on its scheduled maintenance. The fact that this car is fully up to date and has no issues makes it worth more than most cars on Autotrader of the same year and mileage.

As for price, people generally expect you to come down a couple grand from the asking price in your ad. If you list it for $30K, you could probably sell it very quickly for $28K. I would probably list it for $31,500 and try to hold out for an offer of $30K. After all, you can always lower the price later if it doesn't sell right away...

Thank you for your opinion. I wonder how much better my car will feel when the new clutch gets installed. Maybe I'll fall in love with the NSX all over again - like the 1st day I got it!!! That may influence my decision to sell or not to sell.

nsxexotic said:
Thank you for your opinion. I wonder how much better my car will feel when the new clutch gets installed. Maybe I'll fall in love with the NSX all over again - like the 1st day I got it!!! That may influence my decision to sell or not to sell.
where are you from in PA. i'll be looking for a nsx in a few months.. and hopefully, your price is till good and for sale. =)

azndng said:
where are you from in PA.
I assume the 717 in his location refers to his telephone area code, which puts him in the part of the state that includes Harrisburg and Lancaster.

Back