What's it worth?

1991 Sebring Silver, #2440. You have probably seen pics of the car, so you can see my mods, but I'll post here too, what do you guys/girls think is the correct value for this car, or what would you pay for it?

nsx5.JPG

engine.JPG

What mods?
Mileage?
Overall condition?
Snap ring status?
Timing belt status?
Window regulator status?
Title status?
Accident history?

Sorry for not clarifying this earlier. It has 66k miles, not snap ring problems, tranny # is ok, brand new timing belt, water pump and clutch at 60k mile service, Dali racing window regulator fix-it-thingies, clean title, no accidents, Oil changed every 2500 miles.
Mods are:
Enkei RPM2 17/18" wheels
wings west front lip
H&R Springs
carbon fiber rear wing
injen intake
RM racing exhaust (for sale)
carbon fiber dash kit
carbon fiber Acura shift knob
polished coolant tank
polished intake manifold cover
polished strut bar
All I can think of for now, I'm probably forgetting smaller stuff.

Sounds like it's well maintained, and I assume the finish and general condition is excellent. I would guess $32K for a selling price. Might be worth a couple grand more if it were all stock, but the "boy racer" stuff like the wing and the carbon fiber dash will really cut down the number of people interested in it. If you still have the stock rear wing, I would suggest putting it back on and selling the aftermarket one separately. If you take your time, maybe you can find someone who wants (or doesn't mind) exactly this set of mods and is willing to pay that extra couple grand.

Of course, you will want to list it with an asking price that is $2-4K more, so that you can negotiate downward to the price at which you hope to sell it.

Just my O...

just remember though that the economy is in bad shape right now and that its hard to sell an expensive car right now. better to just keep it till the economy gets back in shape and then sell for more
smile.gif

Originally posted by bayareansx1999:
just remember though that the economy is in bad shape right now and that its hard to sell an expensive car right now. better to just keep it till the economy gets back in shape and then sell for more
smile.gif

The prices on older NSXs haven't been affected all that much by the economy. The newer ones have, but not the older ones. I think it's partly because nicely-maintained older ones without excessive mileage are getting harder and harder to find, and people still want them.

Is that a factory color or was the car repainted? Also I don't know if all banks are like this but my bank will not loan money on a car that more than 10 years old regardless of mileage. If that applies to all banks then it will limit sale to cash buyers

Originally posted by NSXG35:
Is that a factory color or was the car repainted? Also I don't know if all banks are like this but my bank will not loan money on a car that more than 10 years old regardless of mileage. If that applies to all banks then it will limit sale to cash buyers

Most banks will only loan in the low $20's for an early NSX. The rest the buyer must come up with in cash usually.

I wish this NSX was for sale in December when I bought my S2000...I would have bought the NSX instead. Wanna trade?

------------------
Mason
Tire Rack sales...contact me for all your wheel and tire needs.
1-800-428-8355
Ext. 619

1991 Acura NSX (auto)
2002 Honda S2000

By the way..that is a beautiful car...that sunset picture is worthy of a full size poster. Seriously.

------------------
Mason
Tire Rack sales...contact me for all your wheel and tire needs.
1-800-428-8355
Ext. 619

1991 Acura NSX (auto)
2002 Honda S2000

nsxtasy- I have almost all of the origional parts from the car, I would include them with the sale, but I will take a few pics of the car with the stock rear wing and see if that's any better to future buyers.

Thanks Mason, I took that picture in front of the court house in my town.

NZO- I have it listed for sale, I would like to get a newer NSX, I love the sebring silver and it's going to be hard to part with.

NSXG35- The paint is all origional except the top and front bumper.

My NSX is going to be in a small car show this upcoming weekend and I am anxious to see how it does.

[This message has been edited by gatdamn (edited 29 March 2003).]

Back