What's everyone's opinion of this Porsche Speedster?

Mike if all is true with the description the car is a very nice car. The body kit is easily changed back to stock up front. If you or anyone wanted. Jerry Woods is a/if not the premier engine builder for 9 series Porsches. The claimed HP is right for a NA 3.8ltr car. I would ask about suspesion work,and ask if the paperwork or receipts are available for the work that was claimed.
This is a nice piece if it is truely what has been described.
Len
n9s5x-t
3.8RSR clone (326hp)

Never been in one but have seen a couple up close I think this one is pretty cool and I would think quite rare if that's what your looking for go for it.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

wow, that color is truly heinous. Just a couple of things that jump out at me:

-Why did the car need a repaint in 1997?

-maybe I'm just stupid, but i dont understand this steel on fiberglass body kit, sounds extremely heavy

-The 6 speed does not sound like it came out of a Porsche parts bin (e.g. 5th gear moved to 6th, indicating its not from a 993)

-If it wont pass Cali smog, how is it that the car is in Cali now?

Save ur CASH, it's alright. Put the 40K down on a NSX or 360 Spider

spam4.gif

Just my 2 cents but that things awful. Way too much bling bling for me.

BTW, I could be wrong but I believe that most Porschephiles feel that the 1994 Speedster was a less than great car in that it did not live up to its namesake in offering any real performance advantage of normal 993's and was mostly for show and not go.

Originally posted by Da Hapa:
Just my 2 cents but that things awful. Way too much bling bling for me.

BTW, I could be wrong but I believe that most Porschephiles feel that the 1994 Speedster was a less than great car in that it did not live up to its namesake in offering any real performance advantage of normal 993's and was mostly for show and not go.

Actually, The 94 speedster was a 964 based car, It was not a 993 series at all. This car has been made to look similar to the 993 lines, with body appointments. The engine that is in this particular car makes it a very perfomance based auto. Myself I am not crazy about the front fenders other than the fact that someone was very good with an english wheel and a welder. The 3.8 engine and trans that is in this car is very serious. I have pretty much the same setup in my car. 94 964 hp was @247 This engine picks up roughly 100hp. The powerband is very even, with plenty of torque at the bottom end. It's a nice car. Stock NSX not a chance,FI may be a different story.
Len
n9s5x-t (Not Stock)
93/4 3.8RSR clone (Not Stock)

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 26 November 2002).]

Back