• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Whats difference side skirts?

Looking at getting the stacy side skirts or westwing. What are the key differences? I would like to have one with mesh cover in the air vent.

Thanks

You can have mesh in either one of them the difference is the vent size and the fitment. The stacy are known to fit well and wings west is known for not fitting that well right out the box. The vent in the stacys is more aggressive than the wings west. I think wings west looks better as it flows well with the nsx lines but stacys fit better right out the box. But for the price of stacys you can get the wings west side skirts fitted and painted, so wings west would be a better buy if you are trying to save money.

new wings west skirts are 1/2 inch too long. they don't fit- period. which one looks better is purely an opinion. stacy's cutout matches the shape of the vent.

My old WW skirts fit perfect, in fact they were the best fitting aftermarket body piece I ever had!:eek:

Now my marga hills...

My WW kit fit perfectly right out of box. Granted they are several years old now.
The side skirts do sag in the middle over time if you don't brace/reinforce them. Ask me.:frown:
I have also had a tough time keeping the rear spats on. I ended up putting screws thru them into the rear valance to make them stay on. The body shop I use tried the strongest 3M tape they had and it didn't last very long. I going to be getting a 02+ rear valance eventually and do away with those entirely.

The reason I built sideskirts in the first place was because of the fitment issues with the Wings West,AWFUL(too long,sagging)!!
I also didn't like the way the vent looks like it is facing upward.
The one thing I can think of is the Wings West will take one hell of a beating,unlike fiberglass.

I also wanted a skirt in which flowed with the lines of the car yet subtle enough to actually look like a factory piece.
Downforce HAS done an amazing job with them making them fit right out of
the box.
I am so glad I handed the rights over to Downforce on these,this way they can take care of fellow NSX'rs for a long time to come.
Remember,you get what you pay for alot of times !!

I am glad I bought Oyagi's Side Skirts.
Can't wait to paint them back red and get them on my car.
Maybe if I sand all that black off, I will get down to the red, then touch them up with nail polish and buff them with a sock. I got some Elmers glue out back and I'll just slap them on.
Ohhhhhhhhh, its going to look purtie!
Trev

Heathers Side Skirt looks not bad as well.
Trev

Attachments

• Sideskirt.jpg
    Sideskirt.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 373
Since i have a lowered car (H&R 1,5" drop) im happy it came with the WW sideskirts when i got it.

They have gotten quite a few hits.
If they were'nt in urethane they would be broken by now.

Just installed Marga Hills Side Skirts and I'm very happy with them.

Attachments

• SideSkirts1s.jpg
    SideSkirts1s.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Side Skirts 2s.JPG
    Side Skirts 2s.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 312
The reason I built sideskirts in the first place was because of the fitment issues with the Wings West,AWFUL(too long,sagging)!!
I also didn't like the way the vent looks like it is facing upward.
The one thing I can think of is the Wings West will take one hell of a beating,unlike fiberglass.

I also wanted a skirt in which flowed with the lines of the car yet subtle enough to actually look like a factory piece.
Downforce HAS done an amazing job with them making them fit right out of
the box.
I am so glad I handed the rights over to Downforce on these,this way they can take care of fellow NSX'rs for a long time to come.
Remember,you get what you pay for alot of times !!

Thanks for the explanation and big thank you for the community.

Is there a difference in width (wings west v. Stacy's)? The stacy's seems wider for some reason, or is that just a visual effect because of the more aggressive vent?

Thanks

niM

I bought a set of Stay's side skirts from Downforce and received them in the mail today. My first impression -- I was shocked at how flimsy they are. I expected the fiberglass to be thicker and more rigid. I was really careful in unpacking them and bringing them into my house because they literally felt like they would crack if I bumped into a wall or something.

Of course, I don't have much experience with fiberglass parts, and the only parts that I can compare the Stacy's skirts to are the Vinny's skirts that I used to have. Those were made with really thick fiberglass, and even though they took beatings over several speed bumps, they never cracked at all.

Do all Stacy's skirts come this way or did I just get a bad batch?

I also just got Downforces Stacy side skirts, They are not super thick, but are very strong, I have seen many fiberglass parts in my time,and didn't much care for any of them. They always had to be worked hard, to make them fit and most importantly look flat and straight, like the rest of the car. I don't post much on prime, but was so impressed with Downforces product I had to post. PS I only had to prime block paint to install, no fitting. WOW:biggrin:

I just put Downforces Stacey side skirts on my 96 NSX. Since I am not a body person I hired a body shop to do the install. The body person said the Stacy side skirts were the best he had seen in along time. They look great and I am happy with the outcome.

I also put on the shine front spoiler, sports rear valence, and the DF-R spoiler.

it is actually quite a show of craftsmanship to produce such a thin yet strong part. sure you can have a fiberglass piece made with "chopped fiber" gun- it will be very stiff and weigh 20lb. stacy's part will aqcuire stiffness when it will be installed and it weighs nothing- a plus isn't it?

procurer, do you have a bigger size picture that you can post up??

I had the Stacy's skirt, but since I don't have a painted front lip, I always wonder if it will look with stock front bumper.

Still trying to find an answer... Anybody??

Thanks..

niM

OK First off I have Nothing-to-do with these anymore except for commend Downforce for producing such an easy part to install.
All I did was design the idea !
Now as far as difference:
Wings west are urethane,very durable,however alot of people complained of fitment(me being one of them).This is why I built my own sideskirts.
They also are proned to sagging issues,which again have been addressed by some.Also the vent to me on the Wings West points at a totally different angle than the factory side intake,which visually didn't work for me.
These sideskirt are about the cheapest sideskirts made and that is NOT meant in a bad way !

The Downforce ones fit great.
The vent is more along the lines of the car,IMO.
The only downside to these sideskirts is the fact that they are fiberglass which,if it hits the ground via speed bump,driveway,Etc. they will break !
These are a bit wider than the Wings West but not by much maybe a 1/2 inch each side.

Again,each of them offer their Pro's and Con's,whichever you prefer are the ones you should buy.
Just My $.02

Stacy

I am still new at the picture size, but here is an attempt as requested.

Attachments

• nsxsidetest.JPG 1.jpg
    nsxsidetest.JPG 1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0034test.JPG
    IMG_0034test.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 212
OK First off I have Nothing-to-do with these anymore except for commend Downforce for producing such an easy part to install.
All I did was design the idea !
Now as far as difference:
Wings west are urethane,very durable,however alot of people complained of fitment(me being one of them).This is why I built my own sideskirts.
They also are proned to sagging issues,which again have been addressed by some.Also the vent to me on the Wings West points at a totally different angle than the factory side intake,which visually didn't work for me.
These sideskirt are about the cheapest sideskirts made and that is NOT meant in a bad way !

The Downforce ones fit great.
The vent is more along the lines of the car,IMO.
The only downside to these sideskirts is the fact that they are fiberglass which,if it hits the ground via speed bump,driveway,Etc. they will break !
These are a bit wider than the Wings West but not by much maybe a 1/2 inch each side.

Again,each of them offer their Pro's and Con's,whichever you prefer are the ones you should buy.
Just My $.02

Stacy

Thank you for the answer, I knew it has to be wider.

niM

Back