What would you do???

For the last 3 months I've been searching for a 2002+ NSX. After having no luck finding an auto I decided to settle for a stick (and the additional HP it brings). I ideally want to buy yellow, blue or red, however through this forum I found a great deal on a new 2004 ($70K NEW). Since most want at least that for used 04's, and close to that for used 02 and 03's it sounds almost to good to pass up. The only bad parts; it's silver and it's 2,000 miles away so it'll be a fortune to ship. Since I don't put my C5 ragtop away until November I can wait and hope the used market will fall, and maybe get the color I want but is $70,000 on a brand new 2004 too good to pass up ????????

nsxautomatic said:
For the last 3 months I've been searching for a 2002+ NSX. After having no luck finding an auto I decided to settle for a stick (and the additional HP it brings). I ideally want to buy yellow, blue or red, however through this forum I found a great deal on a new 2004 ($70K NEW). Since most want at least that for used 04's, and close to that for used 02 and 03's it sounds almost to good to pass up. The only bad parts; it's silver and it's 2,000 miles away so it'll be a fortune to ship. Since I don't put my C5 ragtop away until November I can wait and hope the used market will fall, and maybe get the color I want but is $70,000 on a brand new 2004 too good to pass up ????????

Personally, I want silver and 6 speed. I can't imagine passing on this car if the funds are available to you. You might find that it is still worth what you paid for it a year from now (in the meantime looking for an auto if you hate the manual shift). Go for it and take pictures.

My personal opinion:

1. You should get the car you really want. If you want an automatic that's yellow, blue, or red, then that's what you should get. If you don't really care that much about the color and/or transmission, then that's a different story and you can be flexible.

2. Don't wait in hopes that the used market will fall, because it might not. If you want the car now, get it now and enjoy it now.

Tony Montoya said:
If you have 70k then I don't see why you can't lease a new 05 automatic in the colour of your choice.

The money is not an issue, I have $80k to BUY a new '05 if I want, I don't plan on financing, I don't plan on leasing (not that that matters) . What I'm searching for opinions on is if $70,000 for a new 2004 is too good of a deal to pass up?

nsxtasy said:
My personal opinion:

1. You should get the car you really want. If you want an automatic that's yellow, blue, or red, then that's what you should get. If you don't really care that much about the color and/or transmission, then that's a different story and you can be flexible.

i agree. Don't get one just to get an nsx. Get the NSX that YOU want. That way you won't have any regrets.

I heard what you said about not wanting to lease, but, the lease on the NSX is phenomenal. Also, with the news now that the NSX is gone forever it allows you to step back and determine what will happen to the values in 3 years. They go up... keep it, they go down... dump it.
Is 70K a good deal on the car you mentioned? Yes. Is it too good a deal to pass up if your really not that enamored with the color? No. Find the car you really want. It IS out there.

:biggrin: I think you have found a VERY good deal. I purchased an '04 and paid several K $ more than that.
Is this the silver '04 in St Louis recently on e-bay?
Whatever decision you make, as previously stated, do what is right for you.

I saw that blue one, they're dreaming!!, Plus the blue interior is terrible. The local Acura dealer will sell me his in stock red/tan for just over $80k, I think i'd rather have that.

$70k for a new '04 is a good deal on paper, but it's only a good deal if it's a car that you're going to be happy with. Otherwise, it's like going shopping and buying stuff you don't really want only because they're on sale. :)

alum04org said:
:biggrin: I think you have found a VERY good deal. I purchased an '04 and paid several K $ more than that.
Is this the silver '04 in St Louis recently on e-bay?
Whatever decision you make, as previously stated, do what is right for you.

That must be the one. It is less then 2 miles from my work and my home (1/2 way between) and I drive by it every day. Although the miles are low - I personally sit in it for hours at a time when getting service.

It is a great car but they have been trying to sell it for SO long that they are going to have to re-carpet after it is gone because the spot under the NSX looks so much newer! If it was that big of a steal - it would have sold long ago as they have been motivated for some time. Rumor has it they can wholesale it for around $66k or so to one of the exotic dealers in Springfield and they probably will if it is still sitting there in the fall. I talked to the owner once about the NSX and he said that Acura basically forces him to inventory one or two a year to stay in their good graces. They basically sit for a long time after that. Even at dealer prices - that is a good chunk of change to have to carry and have it doing nothing for your business.

So get what you want and don't settle. If it makes you feel any better I wiped a couple boogers under the seat and "stepped on a frog" while sitting on the seat!

:biggrin: [just kidding]

yea, i didnt like the blue on blue either, but different strokes for different folks.

good luck on your search

Anyone Here Buy It?????

We'll that's a dead issue. 2 years on the showroom floor and it sells 4 hours after my post. Hopefully someone on this forum bought it. Back to searching.....Anyone looking to sell a 2002 + NSX????? :confused:

Re: Anyone Here Buy It?????

nsxautomatic said:
We'll that's a dead issue. 2 years on the showroom floor and it sells 4 hours after my post. Hopefully someone on this forum bought it. Back to searching.....Anyone looking to sell a 2002 + NSX????? :confused:

I know that sucks right now but I seriously doubt your post sold it as it has been all over Ebay and people searching look like every 5 mins. It was the worst kept secret in the country.

Anyways - it is a blessing in disguise and a sign that you were meant to have the NSX you REALLY want!

:smile:

And now you will not have to wipe matteni's boogers off the seat when it arrived via Reliable Carriers! :smile:

We'll that's a dead issue. 2 years on the showroom floor and it sells 4 hours after my post. Hopefully someone on this forum bought it. Back to searching.....Anyone looking to sell a 2002 + NSX?????

Could it be the power of NSX Prime? :biggrin:

Which NSX Primer snitched nsxautomatic's deal?

matteni said:
That must be the one. It is less then 2 miles from my work and my home (1/2 way between) and I drive by it every day. Although the miles are low - I personally sit in it for hours at a time when getting service.

It is a great car but they have been trying to sell it for SO long that they are going to have to re-carpet after it is gone because the spot under the NSX looks so much newer! If it was that big of a steal - it would have sold long ago as they have been motivated for some time. Rumor has it they can wholesale it for around $66k or so to one of the exotic dealers in Springfield and they probably will if it is still sitting there in the fall. I talked to the owner once about the NSX and he said that Acura basically forces him to inventory one or two a year to stay in their good graces. They basically sit for a long time after that. Even at dealer prices - that is a good chunk of change to have to carry and have it doing nothing for your business.

So get what you want and don't settle. If it makes you feel any better I wiped a couple boogers under the seat and "stepped on a frog" while sitting on the seat!

:biggrin: [just kidding]

Are they really that hard to sell? I can't imagine such a great car sitting there for that long. Are they really going for 20k under msrp? I have never looked at the new market--way out of my price range. I guess I assumed that they were going for 89 thousand.

pcpacker said:
Are they really that hard to sell? I can't imagine such a great car sitting there for that long. Are they really going for 20k under msrp? I have never looked at the new market--way out of my price range. I guess I assumed that they were going for 89 thousand.

I would assume that it's been sitting because it's an automatic. With the car so far past it's prime, really the only people shopping for them are enthusiasts, and enthusiasts generally hate automatics.

Dave Hardy said:
I would assume that it's been sitting because it's an automatic. With the car so far past it's prime, really the only people shopping for them are enthusiasts, and enthusiasts generally hate automatics.
I've noticed absolutely no change over the years in the balance in demand between manuals and automatics. Most people have always wanted the manuals, since the car was introduced. That's why automatics only constitute 9 percent of U.S. sales.

And, with such a small slice of the market, automatics are harder to sell. Just as with any car that is of limited demand (meaning, only a small slice of the overall market wants that particular setup) - same thing as a color that is less popular.

Dave Hardy said:

It's not an automatic, it's a silver 6-speed. I've seen a brand new NSX sit in the showroom for over 3 years.

3 years in the showroom, that's crazy. It's funny though, everyone says these cars are $90,000 new, but I've found plenty of dealers who have them that'll gladly sell for invoice ($79,++++) or just over to get rid of them. This was the only one I found where the dealer was willing to lose a bunch rather that keep paying floor plan interest.

Tony Montoya said:
I've seen a brand new NSX sit in the showroom for over 3 years.
Yes, but those were three Canadian years, which is equivalent to only just over one U.S. year with the exchange rate. :D

The search is now over!

Today I was supposed to go and buy a 2005 red/tan, instead I found a great deal on a 2002 automatic Imola Orange Pearl, just waiting for the shipper to deliver it:)

Back