what to look for when purchasing a F/I NSX

Im going to look at the 96 nsx-t midnight pearl this comming friday. It has a comptech supercharger, aem fuel rail, brembo grand-turismo brakes, probally exhaust, 18-19" bronze or black volk- te 37's, and if i recall a carbon fiber lip spoiler, painted rocker panels and rear carbon spoiler. Other than the usual cosmetics and tow hook check. what areas should i really look for with a F/I nsx. i have driven the sellers friends (my cousins) black 92 supercharged nsx a few months ago so i know how it should feel, but do not know exactly what i need to look for. like, wear and tear on a supercharger and motor. also, how is the matainance on a comptech supercharged car. is it more difficult or similar to a N/A tunned NSX, unlike the turbo's which i don't think i want to deal with. the vehical i recall has maybe 30k miles and he is asking maybe 40k. I will post pics next week when i go test drive it.

YOUR 2 CENTS HELPS,
THANKS.

Get a Very good mechanic to get an accurate engine check, leak down and compression...
Get the fuel pressure checked @ the rails.
Make sure the belt is not cracking... (No deal breaker, but you want to make sure it is up to par..
Make sure the belt is tensioned properly...
Check all plumbing for the SC...
Look inside the intake boot, for debri and residue , other than the white powdery stuff you are likely to see...
The SC just needs the oil to be at level ALL OF THE TIME, so it should be checked and filled when needed...

You may also want to search for other suggestions, you will find many useful tips...
Good luck, because if it is a sound car, you will have lots of fun.

My one post for the day... I am out.

Back