What to do with $40k?

What would you all do if you had about $40K extra dollars? How would you invest it to get the highest return in 1 year?

Give me the money, and I'll return it to you ontop of the Empire State Building in a year from now. That's a pretty high return don't yah think? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hookers and Drugs, just kidding:wink:

White92 said:
What would you all do if you had about $40K extra dollars? How would you invest it to get the highest return in 1 year?

Donate it to the John@Microsoft charity racing fund. I doubt anywhere else you could garner a better return within a one year period. Just think of all of the "Thank You" cards with pictures of me on the track you would get in the mail. :biggrin:

Ok, seriously.. hmm.. likely sales. Buy low & Sell high. There are limitless opportunities if your savy that can generate good returns in short periods that are relatively safe. Edge towards being safe & conservative with your decisions and stay away from risky people and ventures and you'll do fine.

Invest it.

Depending on your risk level & market skills, bonds, money market funds, mutual funds, index funds or a diversified stock portfolio is a good idea. If you know nothing, I'd start low risk and use the year to learn more about the market before going too aggressive.

Jim Cramer's Real Money (book, not tv show) is a worthwhile read if you have the time. Keep in mind he is a much more aggressive/hands on investor than many people have the time/desire to be.

Craig-
If you are interested in non-traditional investments, we are offering investment 'units' to qualified investors that will be used to help build our fledgling franchised burger empire:wink:

Our current 15 unit offering for the next location are $10k each. 10 units are spoken for, but the remaining 5 units are still available. Returns should be in the 20-25% range year over year if sales projections are hit. If you want more info, shoot me a pm or email.

And for my brililant lawyer:smile: who is a NSXprime member, returns are not gauranteed!

Pleassseeee, bring on the Forums Nazi, this has been beaten to death, but for a last time (or so I say) if you're going to be needing the $$ in a year, you cannot invest in the market, if you want to try your hand at "trading" be my guest, I'm supposedly a professional and I won't "day trade". If you must have your capital back in a year, look at 1 year CD's currently around 4 3/4%, at least you'll have 100% of your principal back, regardless of the market performance/economy. If you're able to risk your capital, and want a higher rate of return, look at GMAC paper (not GM Corp) maturing in a year and you'll be able to double the above return, but it's not without risk. Or as many others have suggested, go buy some toys........at least you'll get an enjoyment return!!!!:eek:

Spend it on plastic surgery for me. I will then become a man-whore and send you all the income (100% of the take) for 5 years. When people say "Why did you give up all that money?" I will just quote the brilliant poet Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit " I did it for the Nookie!":biggrin:

I guess I'll do a search on this as I am in the same situation..good luck and if you do have/find some good info, PLEASE PM ME before I get tempted on putting it all on BLACK:wink: :eek: .

Mike

Back