what to do???.... idea's

i have a 91' nsx with a rebuilt title

it is painted yellow including all jams the paint job cost around $6500 and is factory spa yellow it has comptech headers, rm exhaust, polished TE-37, w.w. kit, dali racing hood, Phase spoiler, light battery, and sway bars, HID's, springs, adjustable shocks and god know what else.

the car was hit in the rear right qtr and for the most part the panels line up decent (most can't tell it was hit) the car has 71k on it and runs strong the car was fixed nearly 3 years ago and had no problems

The question is i'm thinking of selling to pursue a coin operated laundry and this money would be used to put down.

should i do this or would the nsx be hard to sell and what would you guess my car is worth? or would it be better for me to part the car out being i have many aftermarket goodies and i would'nt have to worry about a rebuilt title

any input greatly appreciated

stuart

Last edited:
FWIW, there has been a 1991 spa-yellow that continues to pop-up on e-bay without a bite. This appears to have somewhat of a questionable past. I do not forsee you getting more than low twenties for it, of course I'm am just going by 1991, salvage, non-desirable fix, repaint, 71K, with some mods. If desperate I recommend you sell the mods separately, then the car if necessary. JMO

Advertise it with your asking price, and see if you get any bites. If you don't get anything near what you want, then you can consider parting it out.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I've been looking, studying and watching pricing on nsx's for close to a year now and I don't see you being able to get what you are thinking on the car. My guess would be you'd get some bites on it with mods for low 20's. If it's my money, the second I see salvage title I immediately drop what I'm willing to pay for the car, plus when you figure in the repaint of a non-original color it takes even more out of it.
Guys, could this be a case of where the mods actually help boost the price somewhat?
Hope i don't come across as sounding crazy here but just my opinion.

Smoore

Ebay listing would not be a bad idea the listing is cheep and I think $50 if it sells. Set a resonable reserve and post good pictures and expect to relist more than once. The more you get it out there the better price you will get but be realistic real buyers can be picky. You can also list it here on NSXprime. I bought my NSX off of Ebay and got a decient price and a nice car but it took several months of looking and carefull bidding. Make sure you disclose every thing and maybe even provide a Carfax report.

Good Luck

Brian

Back