What to do after purchasing NSX?

I posted about 2 weeks ago that I am a new NSX owner. I only had a couple days to enjoy my NSX before I went on a business trip but now I am back and I was wondering what I should do as far as preventative maintenance. I know some people have a list of things they will do to a car right after purchasing just for peace of mind.

Is there a list somewhere of things that should be checked and/or done......ex. change the oil and filter right away....etc....etc?

You can pull the door panels and check to see if you have the window fix-it thingies. Its also a good idea to install the door handle fix-its, which are billet aluminum replacements for the factory diecast pieces. There are many broken door handle threads you can peruse.

I would also recommend the mesh stone shields for the radiator and a/c condensers to protect them from rock damage.

Apply several coats of Zaino to protect the finish.

Clean and Condition the leather seats.

And the list goes on...

So did you "not" check for maintanance history before your purchase?

Yes I did and there was a pile of records......but on a 108,000 mile car there always going to be some things (hopefully small) that should be replaced after that much mileage or little things like Big D mentioned that the PO might not have done.........I already like the mesh idea......but not sure if I already have that or not......gotta run out to the garage and check.....

This is easy.

What to do after purchasing NSX?

Smile
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

ACD

I posted about 2 weeks ago that I am a new NSX owner. I only had a couple days to enjoy my NSX before I went on a business trip but now I am back and I was wondering what I should do as far as preventative maintenance. I know some people have a list of things they will do to a car right after purchasing just for peace of mind.

Is there a list somewhere of things that should be checked and/or done......ex. change the oil and filter right away....etc....etc?

check to make sure all the maintenance is up to date.

if you have any paper work. go through it with a finetooth combe and make sure everything is there.

nothing worse than thinking you have a TB service at 80k only to drive to 100k and brake a timing belt.

happy motoring

Rob

It's always a good idea to check your door latch bolts. They have a nasty tendency to vibrate loose and will eventually scratch the hell out of your paint when you close the door.

upto spec'...

how many miles between timing belt changes?
Timing-belt is recommended to be changed every 6yrs/90k miles (whichever interval comes first!).

Here is the maintenance schedule for the NSX...

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Maintenance/schedule.htm

Also, try use the search function for any other queries you may have... it's the best way of learning a lot about your NSX! :cool:

depending on mileage or if the previous owner did anything. Timing belt, water pump. replace tail light gaskets. Sure some other peeps have more stuff.

Tail light gasket? :confused: Explain please as Ive never had this done. Just making sure so me tail lights dont randomly explode on me. (Had my car since 99 if that helps)

Thats an easy fix. I had mine off yesterday. There are foam gaskets behind the tail lights that prevent moisture from getting in.

Chg the trans fluid, it's often overlooked. (auto or manual)
Pick up a spare "Main Relay" from the dealer. (common cause of getting stuck with a car that won't run)

Last edited:
Thats an easy fix. I had mine off yesterday. There are foam gaskets behind the tail lights that prevent moisture from getting in.

Hmmm ok mine seem fine then because in all the years and the few times ive actually driven the car in the rain, I have never seen any moisture inside the tail lights. Whew! *knocks on wood* Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it would just randomly fall out off the car lol. :biggrin:

Its all been said before, but:

change all fluids*
change all filters*
change plugs*
change all hoses/belts*
check the status of the gaskets (oil pan, vtec solenoids, valve cover)
check the wheel boots
check alignment
check tire pressures
check brake pad depth
check the condition of the engine mounts
make sure the car has all the important fasteners in the right place (missing exhaust hangers, etc)
give it a good poking around in the process to see what has been messed with prior to your ownership and correct errors or 'stupid mods' as you find them.

*=that you don't have receipts showing have been replaced recently

Detail it
Take and post pictures :D

Congrats!

Back