What to check for...

I'm picking up my new 2003 NSX on Saturday. Is there anything I should check for other than the obvious stuff (i.e. no damage or scratches)??

I'd ask the dealer to include an alignment in the delivery prep. More than a few NSXs get out of alignment while strapped down hard during shipping, and people drive off in their brand new NSX with handling that is off and rapid tire wear (well, more rapid than the normal rapid tire wear).

I believe that you're picking it up at Greenwich (same place I got my 02 Yellow), when I got mine, the rear spoiler wasn't flush on both sides and needed an adjustment. Make sure that the CD player (if you ordered it) not only plays properly, but changes discs without an "error" message popping up (my changer had to be replaced). I always insist on a container of touch-up paint (chips are ineveitable IMO) so why come back a buy one at the parts counter, when the salesman will throw one in (if he's got a brain). Take your time, check the car carefully. Inspect the wheels for any "rash", make sure that you know how to open the front "hood" as the manual is pretty vague, and once you know the location of the secondary latch, it's a snap. I've had my car for almost 4 months, and over 4,000 miles, and the smile still hasn't come off my face!!!. ENJOY

Good luck to pick up a new car in the rain

I was coming down West Putnam yesterday at around noon, I saw a new yellow just inside the sevice door (door was up) and I think that they were putting the front plate on (didn't let them put one on mine). I was in my beater, so I didn't stop, but I'm guessing that you were either there picking it up, or soon to arrive. I hope that all went smoothly, and that you're enjoying the car even though the weather sucks. It's supposed to be beautiful the next few days, so get out and enjoy it!!!! Best of luck, the car looked beautiful, almost as nice as mine!!!:D LOL

Yup......I was there. I originally told them to leave the front plate off since usually front plate installs mean drilling into the bumper. But when I was there, the tech explained to me that it just bolts on with a bracket that goes under the bumper, so I asked him to install it for me. I know it looks better without, but the cops are nasty where I live and I know I will eventually get pulled over for that. I figure there is no harm done and if I change my mind, I can always take it off and it won't leave any holes in the bumper.

Back