What should I do?

300 Zx Tt Vs Nsx

I have a 300zx right now with 450 HP without bottle, I have always loved the NSX but Compared to my 300 and other cars on the road it seemed slow, however it is really fun o drive, I have driven an abundance of sports cars and the NSX is by far the most fun to drive, it just needs some more GO, anyway The NSX I am looking to buy is a 91, what would you guys recomend for the first upgrades, please list them with webpage or where I can buy the parts. I was Thinking Comptech Exhaust, Intake, Headers, and ECU, but there are a whole lot of distributers. Please help me decide what I should do first, I also have no emissions where I live so maybe some race/test pipes as well.

Thanks for the help,

8th Sin

I have a 300zx right now with 450 HP without bottle, I have always loved the NSX but compared to my 300 and other cars on the road it seemed slow, however it is really fun o drive, I have driven an abundance of sports cars and the NSX is by far the most fun to drive, it just needs some more GO, anyway The NSX I am looking to buy is a 91, what would you guys recomend for the first upgrades, please list them with webpage or where I can buy the parts. I was Thinking Comptech Exhaust, Intake, Headers, and ECU, but there are a whole lot of distributers. Please help me decide what I should do first, I also have no emissions where I live so maybe some race/test pipes as well.

Thanks for the help,

8th Sin

For your HP taste start reviewing the forced induction alternatives.
Money no object??
On a budget add 97 or later factory H/E from someone else who wanted that extra few ponies and look into FI with the intake decided at that time.
Sway bars (Dali racing for me) were a great addition and money well spent.
I could go on about the 6 speed vs. 5 speed and gear ratios and can you afford a 97+ car but that is beat to death all over this forum if you care to search it out.
Good luck and safe speeding:)

Thanks for the advice

Money is an object, I have to get the 91 because it is the only one I can afford. I just want to know what is the best bolt on part/s , (not forced induction, at least not yet) I can buy to give me some extra HP.

Thanks again,

8th Sin

H headers. E exhaust. If money is and object then I would try to find a 91 with IHE I is intake. They are out there and are are not much more than stock if not cheaper. Headers gives up to 18 hp at the wheels. Good luck and you will love owning an nsx

Frankly, the options are very limited. Keep in mind that the NSX already produces 90 HP/liter which is more than most other cars after all the standard bolt-ons. In other words, there isn't much you can do to one on a tight budget that will have a significant impact. Really only the headers and exhaust since the intake has little if any value, and even they are very modest gains per $ compared to other cars you might name.

The car doesn't feel as fast as many of the cars it will out accelerate because it relies on a broad power band rather than gobs of torque over a narrow range. So try to look at it as a very balanced package, not a one-dimensional drag car. Obviously you already know that given your own comments, but try to enjoy it for what it is until you can afford serious power mods with forced induction.

We get this question a lot.

I would recommend that you buy the car and live with it for a while, as is, before going out and buying all kinds of aftermarket parts. You might change your mind about it being "slow"; it seems that everyone who says the NSX is slow has never driven one!

I agree with Phoensx.

It is true that the NSX does not have as much horsepower as many other cars. However, what the NSX may lack in quantitative qualities it makes up for beautifully in qualitative qualities.

When you are in the 'cockpit' of the NSX, the immediacy of the road is quite different from most other cars other than Ferraris and lamborghinis. The road is right in front of you! Thus, when you step on it, there is a great sensation of speed that cannot be replicated by increasing boost in a Z.

Am I saying that your Z is slower? Not at all. I am sure it is faster. However, you may come to like the great sensation the NSX gives you as you rip through the gears at 8000rpm without the extra modifications.

Good luck!

Please don't post the same thing in more than one topic. You already posted this here.

Thank you.

It sounds like your priority is going fast in a straight line (lots of horsepower), with a financial constraint.

The NSX is no slouch, bone stock, but making it faster is a lot more expensive than other cars, as sjs points out.

Frankly, I think there are other cars that are better suited to your situation, such as a Supra BPU++++++++.

nsxtasy said:
It sounds like your priority is going fast in a straight line (lots of horsepower), with a financial constraint.

The NSX is no slouch, bone stock, but making it faster is a lot more expensive than other cars, as sjs points out.

Frankly, I think there are other cars that are better suited to your situation, such as a Supra BPU++++++++.

Remember, "BPU" is trademarked by Hozer...oops, I meant to say Tozer.

I too am in that dilemma. I want an NSX and mod the heck out if it, yet I always wanted the Supra to achieve the 1,000rwhp level. There is an easy solution. Save up some more money and buy both at the same time. :D

Tozer owns a bpu supra in phoenix. I've met him and a bunch of my friends down in tucson (who own supras) know him all to well. He seems like a nice guy but can become a character with some of his comments. The term BPU originated between some of the supra guys (tucson or phoenix i just do not know)and he lays claim to the term. I've seen people from other countires use the term while we, in az, have been using the term for years. The reason its an inside joke is because how vehement he becomes when the subject gets brought up , so of course we bring it up. Hope that clears it up.

nik3sgte said:
The term BPU originated between some of the supra guys (tucson or phoenix i just do not know)and he lays claim to the term. The reason its an inside joke is because how vehement he becomes when the subject gets brought up , so of course we bring it up. Hope that clears it up.
In his website he even mentions "...basic mod a car had, we came up with this term."
His trademark is text only. If someone wanted to mess with "BPU" I imagine they could.
IMO, just the spending of the trademark filing fee was wortless for this mark.

Forums Nazi said:
Please don't post the same thing in more than one topic. You already posted this here.

Thank you.

Behold the power of merging threads! I love vBulletin.

- Lud

Back