What services should have been completed on a car with 30K miles?

I'm looking at a 2000 NSX with 35K miles. I have been doing lots of research on here and I know that the answer to my question is on this site, but I just want to make sure I'm absolutely certain. I checked the FAQ recommended maintenance schedule and I've searched numerous threads. Here's a few things I've noted:

(1) Most people seem to have a 30K mile service completed. What exactly does this entail, is it mainly just certain fluids being replaced? What should I expect to pay for this maintenace interval?

(2) I've seen many discussions about a valve adjustment being performed. When/how often should that be done and about how much should I expect to pay?

(3) Obviously the big thing is the timing belt, however this car wouldn't be up for a new one until 2007. Have any 2000+ NSX owners already replaced this yet or are you waiting until 2007 or beyond?

Any other helpful words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm a car lover, but my mechanical skills and knowledge are a little sub-par.

The maintenance schedule for the '97-05 is slightly different from the '91 one shown in the FAQ. In addition to the timing belt interval being changed from 90K/6 to 105K/7, I seem to recall the valve adjustment interval was changed from 15K to 30K. But the 30K service items listed should still be accurate; yes, it's basically changing fluids and filters and adjusting valves and some inspections.

The prices of scheduled maintenance for the various NSX years should be similar, too (although I think prices now tend to be 10-20 percent higher than shown in the FAQ, due to higher hourly rates for labor). (Note that this is not true for clutch replacements, which are significantly more expensive for the '97-05.)

97 and up does not required T belt change till 105k miles. Most of people I know will do it at 90k mies, or seven years.

In your case, all you need is a standard 30 k service, such as all fluid change, valve adjustment (if needed), change of air filter. pertty standard stuff.

Back