what second car to get?

my lease is up on my mercedes c230 lawnmower.
actually its a pretty good car. no probs,solid just not exciting at all. looking to keep the price around 35,000
im going to be sharing it with my fiance' (she knows the nsx isn't going anywhere!!)
any thoughts? mercedes c320 bmw 330 acura 3.2 jag 499. month lease
Thanks
Paul M
Really wanted clk 430 but not practical at this point

Paul,

Of the cars you mention, I'd suggest the BMW 330. It is probably the most responsive handling wise of the cars you're considering, plus the acceleration will put those others to shame. Resale value should be the best as well.

Side Note: I'd recommend the 330 Coupe over the 4 door. Since you really wanted the CLK430, I'm guessing that 2 doors vs. 4 doors is not really an issue.

It depends on your budget. For more expensive ones, I would recommand Lexus GS430 or BMW 540i. For cheaper ones, BMW 330ci, Lexus IS300 and TL-S. TL-S is a really nice performance sedan for its money.

You can get a supercharger kit for 540i from Dinan...pushes 400HP and 12 sec 1/4 mile. Now that's pimping!

My bro just bought a TL type-S. Can't beat it for the price, $31K only option is nav for an additonal 2K. Looks good, silky smooth, brand new and acura reliability.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I love my 300M!
smile.gif
It's a great daily driver. Look into it.

------------------
JusSumDiabloGi.jpg

Personally, I think the IS300 makes a great companion car to the NSX. You can buy the car for $35K and add a stage II Turbo kit from Toyomoto in Miami, Florida for about $15K installed. The IS300 engine is the same 2JZ/GTE found in the normally aspirated Supra. The result is about 450 HP and 450 lb ft of torque at the rear wheels.

If that's a little too steep, a Stage I Kit is available for about $10K installed that makes about 300 HP and 300 lb ft of Torque at the wheels. The Stage I Kit includes a Garret T04 Turbo, Exhaust Manifold, Down Pipe, cat back exhaust system, Shift kit (IS300 is currently only available with automatic)and Haltech Computer. The Stage II Kit requires removing the head and adding a thicker head gasket to reduce compression and allow greater boost. The Stage II also includes a fuel system upgrade.

Although I personally prefer a turbo car with automatic, if you really want stick, the IS300 will be available in about 3 months with a 5 speed. However, the 5 speed automatic has pretty close ratios and even without turbos, the car is lots of fun.

[This message has been edited by dswartz (edited 26 April 2001).]

Thanks for the help guys
I decided to go with the CLK 430. Sometimes you just gotta say "what the F*&K!"
Let you know how i like it!
PAUL M

How about a GS400-GS430? I love mine.

BZ (Smartenna fame) and I did a rolling race on our way to Hearst Castle about 3 years ago. His stock NSX with his wife as a passenger, and my GS400 with my wife and son as my passengers, by the time we got to 120 mph (meters per second)
smile.gif
, Bryan was only 2 cars ahead of me. I am sure he would lenghten the lead if we would've gone faster. The point is, the GS is pretty fast for a sedan. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

------------------
Raymond
01 996 TT
00 Viper GTS (For Sale)
98 GS400
99 RX300
99 Expedition EB

Back