What makes most sense? (F/I setup)

Hello,

I have been tossing around the idea of buying an NSX for over a year now and still haven't taken the plunge. In the meantime I bought a C55 and I love it. However, I still feel the need for something with a 6-speed and sportier. My plan is to pickup a 97+ NSX and I know I'm going to need F/I to make me happy as far as making power goes.

What I'm not sure about is, should I be looking for a car that already has the S/C, headers, exhaust, etc installed or do I buy bone stock and have the parts installed?

If I were to buy a car with everything already installed, wouldn't the price be considerably cheaper than buying everything new and then paying a dealer to install?? Installing these add-ons is not an option for me to do myself.

My price range is 45k to 60k for a car with pretty low mileage.

Thanks to everyone for any insight they might provide.

Perry

Because I drove an 03 NSX and loved everything about the car except for the power band.

Judging by your username, I'm assuming you had a blown S2000 - which setup? I may be able to give you some direct comparisons.

Ryan

Theoretically, you can save money by buying a car with the mods already installed. As a practical matter, it's going to be difficult to find, particularly for a '97+, and it may be virtually impossible to find a low mileage modded car in the price range you state.

If you decide to buy the car stock and you're looking for a place in our area to install the mods, Acura of Brookfield in suburban Milwaukee is the place in the Midwest for expertise in NSX mods. They've installed over forty superchargers on NSXs, as well as plenty of other mods. They have far more experience in this than any other shop in the Midwest. And their prices are pretty reasonable, too. When you're ready, call them at 800-383-3936 and ask for John Vasos.

RyanITV said:
Judging by your username, I'm assuming you had a blown S2000 - which setup? I may be able to give you some direct comparisons.

Ryan

Yes, I used to have a blown S2K. It was a MY00 with the Comptech charger, comptech exhaust and a toda header. Down low it was still a bit sluggish, but high end the car was quite quick. After that I bought an '02 Z06 because I think I craved torque more than anything. Sold that and now have the C55.

nsxtasy said:
Theoretically, you can save money by buying a car with the mods already installed. As a practical matter, it's going to be difficult to find, particularly for a '97+, and it may be virtually impossible to find a low mileage modded car in the price range you state.

If you decide to buy the car stock and you're looking for a place in our area to install the mods, Acura of Brookfield in suburban Milwaukee is the place in the Midwest for expertise in NSX mods. They've installed over forty superchargers on NSXs, as well as plenty of other mods. They have far more experience in this than any other shop in the Midwest. And their prices are pretty reasonable, too. When you're ready, call them at 800-383-3936 and ask for John Vasos.

You're right, but I have quite a while to look as I do not plan on buying until spring sometime. The snow is coming here in Chicago oh so soon. :frown:

Thank you so much for the info on the installer near Milwaukee. It helps quite a bit to get a rec for complicated installs such as this.

Back