What is the best way to boost your HP

*cough* FX500

if you are looking for 25-35 rwhp boost NA style
Intake Header Exhaust will get you close
Intake ~ 40-300 (300 if you get the AIS for extra loud goodness)
Header ~ 1500
Exhaust ~ 1200-1500

i think that pretty much everyone will agree that for anything more than 50 rwhp
forced induction is the only way to go, other than 3.3 litre engine conversion,
although i think the SOS stage 2 kit + I/H/E will net you something closer to 60rwhp (check the forums for the dyno charts)

I think the comptech supercharger is $8-9k
and the FX500 turbo kit is like $18k-20k installed (?)

the FI section of the forums should give you a good idea of whats out there though

does that sound about right other primers?

The safest option would be going with the CTSC plus intake/header/exhaust. You are looking at $13-15,000 or so with install. You would look at somewhere between 320-375 RWHP with a nice TQ curve depending on the year of the car and strength of your motor.

Thanks guys,
THat seems to be the $ thazt needed.
I am thinking that the Intake, header, exhaust is the way I will go.
Do you you guys recomend replacing them all at once?
What about go fast buttons?

SNDSOUL said:
get nitrous :biggrin:

hehe clever marketing strat SNDSOUL
sounds like something i'd say :biggrin:

Hello

You may also want to view the market sections for used forced indunction kits. They appear every so often and could be a viable option. I purchased my BBSC from JDMKing for a very good price. Mark installed it earlier this month and I already have 1,500 miles on it.

By the way, thanks JDMKing, the BBSC kit has worked superbly.

SNDSOUL said:
get nitrous :biggrin:

I agree With SNDSOUL...WHAT A SHOCK! THIS IS NOT THE 1980;S,N20 HAS MADE LEAPS AND BOUNDS IN THE SAFETY AREA AND FOR A FEW GRAND WILL NET THE SAME WHP AS A COMPTECH SAFELY WITH THE RIGHT GEAR AND INSTALLER, SORRY FOR SHOUTING

As far as sndsoul pitching his kit IT is already sold way before this post

Best Regards David

Back