what front end looks better to you????

Hi guys.....The other day my buddy took me to look at a 1995 CTSC NSX that I may be purchasing..He took me their in his 2005 NSX..

While I was comparing both cars I noticed that for some reason I liked the 1995 look much more..But I figured it was because the 95 had some nice 18 inch rims while my friends 2005 was on the stockers...

But last night while playing Forza on my Xbox 360 I strolled through the differanrt cars and noticed they had a NSX like the one I might get and the 02 and up one like my friends....

I put them both in the same color and it really hit me....

The reason I liked the 95 better wasnt the rims....It was the front end..

To me the front end on the 95 looks a lot shorter and agressive in the side profile view ( my favorite view of the NSX).....While the 2002 and up profile looked a little longer and less agressive from the profile ( It dose look like it would produce less drag though)

Am I crazy or dose the more slated hood of the 2002's and up really look a little longer/less agressive than the old style?????

I have an 05 and I think the old pop up look flowed better with the car. The original design was the cleanest. HOWEVER... I think it looks dated and the 02+ headlamps look more modern. Its classic looks versus modern looks. Whatever you prefer. The 02 lamps are lighter and the 02+ car is more aerodynamic. There are many threads on this already. Do a search. There is a way you can get the old headlamps with the 02+ front end.

For me the perfect NSX would be a combination of the two. I like the 2002 bumper but prefer pop-ups.

Yea the 95 CTSC Im buying has the 02 rear end and the regular 1995 front..This dose look good IMHO..

So whats the story behind "two" wrecked Vipers.:biggrin:

too much torque is all I can say....they were both 500 rwt SAE on a dyno jet.....And at very low rpm's...Im thinking 4000ish..

So basically you could be traveling at 70 mph in second or third gear and decide you wanted to pass someone ect. and hit the gas and WALLAH...

the car will turn to the left and next thing you know your hitting the wall....very very powerful/tourquy cars....More like a race car than a street car...

And thats why it's time for a change...I want a car that is a bottom of the barral exotic and at the same time driver friendly...The NSX is the best car for that..the 911 is kool but my god I saw 3 of them today and 2 caymans and 1 boxer...Not very exotic IMHO

I agree with skippy. I wish I could keep my pop-ups and get the nose/radiator area of the 02+

well lucky you.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99080

08.jpg

05.jpg

i'm in OC and you can pick one up from me.

It's a matter of personal preference. Some likes the more modern fixed headlights, and some likes the classic flip-up headlights.

I don't like the "bulbous" side profile of the clear headlamps, nor do i like the non-vertical (slanted) radiator inlet area. guess i'm happy with my stock '91. i would like to see the above 2 cars from a more head-on view. any more photos? both are nice cars and are kinda "retro" in that they have the blacked-out greenhouse area like early NSX's.

All i need is more time and more $$ to make the perfect NSX. :)

I guess it is one of those "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" things because I have always loved the looks of the NSX from the first time I saw one in the early 90's....BUT I absolutely think the non pop-ups and revised radiator inlet area lend it a more modern and exotic look and that is the style/look I prefer.

I guess it is one of those "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" things because I have always loved the looks of the NSX from the first time I saw one in the early 90's....BUT I absolutely think the non pop-ups and revised radiator inlet area lend it a more modern and exotic look and that is the style/look I prefer.

+1,000,000

Are you the owner of the white one? more info please?

Silver nsx is Mike's and looks even cleaner in person! :)

rick

I believe the white one belongs to fellow prime member "Octechgeek." I had the opportunity to meet Octechgeek at a local meet and I can honestly say that his car looks amazing. The '02 style front end with the pop-up lights looks hot IMO.

Are you the owner of the white one? more info please?

Silver nsx is Mike's and looks even cleaner in person! :)

rick

the silver one is mike c's
he's got custom parts and mod's up the wazoo. he's now running a set of Work Meister 3 piece in gloss black - 18x8 and 19x10.5 that he picked up from me last year.

the white one belongs to octechgeek and hes got his fair share of mods too.
those wheels are VOLK SF Challenge 18x7.5 and 19x9.5 gunmetal
MODE4 Custom front bumper with OEM lip- 02 style bumper made to fit 91-01 pop-up headlights and hood
6000k HID
alpine dual monitors in console and nav pod
zetoolman sub
bride pro seats and rails
Momo/NRG quick release hub and steering wheel kit
CF shift knob
Custom black NSX-R floor mats
Stacy's Siganture series side skirts with door pieces
CF rear window garnish engine vent
CF NSX-R wing
02+ tail lights
02+ Rear valence
MODE4 NA2 NSX-R Carbon Fiber rear diffuser
97+ tubular OEM headers
Bilsteins on lower perch
Dali Exhaust

there's prolly more that i'm not aware of.

too much torque is all I can say....they were both 500 rwt SAE on a dyno jet.....And at very low rpm's...Im thinking 4000ish..

So basically you could be traveling at 70 mph in second or third gear and decide you wanted to pass someone ect. and hit the gas and WALLAH...

the car will turn to the left and next thing you know your hitting the wall....very very powerful/tourquy cars....More like a race car than a street car...

And thats why it's time for a change...I want a car that is a bottom of the barral exotic and at the same time driver friendly...The NSX is the best car for that..the 911 is kool but my god I saw 3 of them today and 2 caymans and 1 boxer...Not very exotic IMHO

The viper is an a raw beast or torque animal. Punching it even in a straight line you can find yourself sideways in no time. They say something like 30% of all new viper owners crash the car in the first 30 days. I can definitely see why. Once the michellin pilots get some age and wear they just dont stick as well either. When driving one you really have to respect it. I'll be the first to admit I cannot drive that car to its potential so I treat it almost like I'm scared of it and I dont worry about getting in toruble then. But once in the while you have to let it rip, just make sure its a wide open road. These cars never dissappoint but you have to know their place. I like mine in the garage most of the time. It's one car that you just don't ever seem to get tired of looking at. (my opinion)..

NSX is alot safer to drive... I totally agree with what your saying, thats why I will be looking for one as well. The NSX I will use alot more than the viper.

So is Snakey still alive in his NSX?

Back