What does this mean?

I am a new NSX owner (3months), however along time fan of the car(16yrs). I seem not to know all the proper terms as of yet. Can you guys help me out.
GPW=??
ZANARDI=??
NSX-R=??
I think this forum will get me the most precise explanations. Pics would help if its not to much trouble.

GPW- Grand Prix White
NSX-R- Limited edition high performance NSX
Zanardi- High performance parts related to NSX, as well as built NSX using all Zanardi Parts

was the NSX-R a factory limited edition, and wow I should of figured the GPW out..............duh and where does the name zanardi originate from.

was the NSX-R a factory limited edition, and wow I should of figured the GPW out..............duh and where does the name zanardi originate from.

Google "Alex Zanardi" or "Alessandro Zanardi".

Then buy and read his book My Sweetest Victory to be inspired to do anything you set your mind to. You'll be duly impressed and teary-eyed from some passages. That's all I'll say, do go look him up.

Yes and from what I have read the NSX-R was only available in japan.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the NA2 NSX-R

Attachments

• NA2_NSXR.jpg
    NA2_NSXR.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 119
Here is a pic of the NA2 NSX-R

thats not a real nsx-r, the headlights are not white. this is a nsx-r =)

Honda-NSX-R09-1024.jpg

While you're asking about definitions here's one;

NA2 does NOT mean 2002+ year models of the NSX .(So many incorrectly use the engine designation NA2 to identify 2002+ cars and expect you to know what they mean:confused:)

NA2 is the designation for the 3.2 motor that is in all NSX's from 1997 to the end of the run in 2005.

NA1 is the motor designation for all NSX's with the 3.0 motor. Here in the U.S.A. it was the Acura NSX, model years 1991 to 1996.

While you're asking about definitions here's one;

NA2 does NOT mean 2002+ year models of the NSX .(So many incorrectly use the engine designation NA2 to identify 2002+ cars and expect you to know what they mean:confused:)

NA2 is the designation for the 3.2 motor that is in all NSX's from 1997 to the end of the run in 2005.

NA1 is the motor designation for all NSX's with the 3.0 motor. Here in the U.S.A. it was the Acura NSX, model years 1991 to 1996.

actually you can have a 97-05 NA1 as well. they are the automatic cars that still runs on the 250hp 3.0 engine ;)

actually you can have a 97-05 NA1 as well. they are the automatic cars that still runs on the 250hp 3.0 engine ;)

Right you are. I tend to overlook the AT cars and I thank you for that correction. Good eye!Thanks!

This underscores how confusing it is when some use the term NA2 to indicate a 2002+ car.

Thanks guys for all your input, I wanted to be educated on the history of our dream machines. I get swormed with questions from wanna be owners and wanted to educate myself on every aspect of the car.I told my wife I will never sell my car and she replied "yeah right" she thinks its just a fad I'm going through. I would love to visit japan circle off NSX'S one day.

thats not a real nsx-r, the headlights are not white. this is a nsx-r =)

Actually, while the standard NSX-R headlights were white, you could order it with the regular headlights too if you wanted (and some people did).

Actually, while the standard NSX-R headlights were white, you could order it with the regular headlights too if you wanted (and some people did).

gotcha just like how some people in japan can order a color matched roof on a hardtop.

Back