What does this mean? Price Guarantee???

Ok, here's the deal. I've been shopping around for some wheels that I'm interested in. I happen to find a wholesale place with a price guarantee and on top of that, they are here in Houston. So I could save on shipping. This morning they call me with a price and it's about a $1000 more than the other prices I've gotten. I explain to him that I've seen the wheels advertised for alot less then his price and ask why that is? I even give him a few website addresses off the top of my head for him to verify his price was too much. He says he'll take a look and get back with me. He also explains that if he sells me the wheels any cheaper, he will be loosing money.
So, I haven't heard back from him yet, but I was curious why advertise, "We at ________ want to make sure you feel good when you buy something from us. If you find a better price, please let us know, we meet and BEAT all competitors prices!" They also say "WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD"
So, isn't this false advertisement or something? Not that I want to make it a big deal, nor would I take any legal action, but isn't this wrong? Just thought I would get some input since I feel like they are trying to rip me off.
Thanks
Z

If you feel this business is dishonest or should we say misleading and they dont come around and back up what they advertise then you have taken the first step at obtaining gratification. I would say post there name right here and let all those who may cross there path know. Nothing could be much worse than biting the hand that feeds you. Getting a bad reputation amongst the poeple that continually funnel money there way would surely require them to put up or shut up on there advertised words. Good luck on finding the deal on the wheels though.

DC

Hey BTW,
I just noticed you were in Houston. Can you check out a car for me over at EXPO motors there. I have been trying to locate someone from that area to give this car an eye for detail before i make the trip out there. If you could I would be gratefully appreciative.

2001 yellow/blk EXPO motors

thanks
DC

Hey DC, yes, Im here in Houston and I know exactly where EXPO is. It's about 1 mile from work. I would be more then happy to check out the NSX for you, but I have to warn you, I'm farrr from a mechanic. I had my car inspected by the dealer and also had a master tech with me(my friend/co-pilot) when purchasing my NSX.
I would recommend contacting Brad at AutoLogic. They are the Houston NSX guys. Awesome people. They are located a few shops down from EXPO so he could basically walk over. He is extremely knowledgable about NSX'es and very helpful. I just gave him a call, and he said he would check it out, no problem. Give him a call....
Brad 713-516-2081

Regards
Z

Originally posted by X-spdfrk:
Hey BTW,
I just noticed you were in Houston. Can you check out a car for me over at EXPO motors there. I have been trying to locate someone from that area to give this car an eye for detail before i make the trip out there. If you could I would be gratefully appreciative.

thanks
DC

Originally posted by X-spdfrk:
Hey BTW,

thanks
DC
DC I bought my NSX from EXPO ask for George you will get the best price from him.I also had my car inspected before purchase. Paid 190.00 and was well worth it in the savings of airline ticket.

Ok, so these guys are avoiding me now. Since I never got a phone call back, I decided to call. I left a message since no one answered, and I have yet to hear anything again. How rude!!
frown.gif

Z

Also, according to WheelMax, the wheels are out, but currently not avalible!
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by NSX FoYoAss (edited 20 March 2003).]

Back