What does the wire going into the targa top holder do?

Isn't that the defrost heating element connection? That is the only wire I could think of in the T-top stowage area.

I'm thinking that it turns the light on the dash off that says the door/trunk/top is ajar, or not closed completely. I took my car out for short drive and left the top in the garage and the light stayed on. Came back and put the top in the holder and the light went off.
-Robert

Don't know what it is for but it goes to a switch inside the targa holder. The switch is not activated by the cover being open, it is only depressed by the targa top when it is put in the cover.

My guess is that there is a switch to let you know that the top is ajar when it is on the car. When you remove the top the switch is opened and when the top is put in the holder the circuit is again closed by the switch. Like Robert said, to turn off the warning.

My guess is that there is a switch to let you know that the top is ajar when it is on the car. When you remove the top the switch is opened and when the top is put in the holder the circuit is again closed by the switch. Like Robert said, to turn off the warning.

I think Larry posted this before. You could search it.

I could be wrong, but I think it switches the mode of the factory security system so someone cannot just reach into the car with the lid off and disable the alarm by simply unlocking the doors manually.

That's the vicious rumor I heard anyway. It might be pure crap.

I could be wrong, but I think it switches the mode of the factory security system so someone cannot just reach into the car with the lid off and disable the alarm by simply unlocking the doors manually.
By manually, do you mean by pulling up the lock or hitting the door lock button?

I think Larry posted this before. You could search it.

This is the "Hey Dude, you forgot your T-Top" switch that will light the indicator on the dash:).

Interestingly there must also be a defeat for the light in the roof mount somewhere, so the car knows the roof is in place and you did not actually forget it;).

Regards,
LarryB

Back