What do you think the frequency of NSX auctions on BAT are?

Seems like every three weeks another one comes out of the barn for sale. Seems like clockwork to me.

Fun to watch, tons of "experts" chiming in and some disgruntled folk too.

I've noticed quite a few on there as well. I'm wondering if it's because cars on BAT seem to sell for a bit more money.

I've noticed quite a few on there as well. I'm wondering if it's because cars on BAT seem to sell for a bit more money.

^^^Bingo! If I were to sell, I would probably try my hand at BaT. Seems to bring a 5-10% premium.

I'm concerned by the '95 on there right now. BAT does well when a car is well prepped or if the seller is highly knowledgeable. Not the case with this current listing.

95 looks a bit weird I have to say. Definitely maintained by questionable mechanic. I already posted about ebrake cable routing. Not sure what else is messed up. But things like that show quite a lot.

95 looks a bit weird I have to say. Definitely maintained by questionable mechanic. I already posted about ebrake cable routing. Not sure what else is messed up. But things like that show quite a lot.

I saw your post, RP. I agree, seems like he is unprepared to get highest dollar. Which is weird to me. A simple detail and paint correction, remove the mats, steam clean the engine bay and do some maintenance and his car will sell for a pretty penny. As-is I will be stunned if it eclipses $40K.

the cars that have meticulous documentation from loving owners will get more.

I regret not buying back my 92 that old last week. I would have sold the both sets of Volk wheels that came with the came, and performed a mild part-out. I'd drive it daily and always have a smile on my face.

the cars that have meticulous documentation from loving owners will get more.

Like mine. I have a deep file of exact maintenance right down to the tech's initials on each work-performed invoice. I am a big fan of having that type of info for the next caretaker of the car. I tend to overspend on stuff like TB/WP/HB, speakers, other mechanical maintenance items (all up front as a baseline series of work).

I have one listed there now. So, far I like it a great deal more than ebay, but I don't know that the cars get quite as much exposure. Ebay has a few problems that I think BAT has addressed very well. The largest being fake bidders or bidders who win and then don't pay, as they know that they don't have any stake in the game. Personally, I think this coupled with getting to know the seller via chat have brought the stronger sales numbers on BAT. Their fees are higher, but so is buyer confidence. All just my opinion, but it will be a half way educated one in a few days. :smile:

^Chris, shared your BAT auction on the Prime FB page a couple days ago when it was listed; just trying to help a nice example find a good home
icon14.png
...who knows, I may start bidding.
icon6.png

^Chris, shared your BAT auction on the Prime FB page a couple days ago when it was listed; just trying to help a nice example find a good home
icon14.png
...who knows, I may start bidding.
icon6.png

Thanks Kenny I appreciate it. Maybe one of these days I'll give in to FB.
Thanks again,
Chris

Back