what do you think of this ebay car? JH4NA1153MT001200

Before you go further...

There's a discrepancy in the ad that needs to be checked out. The seller is "luxuryautoauctions" in Downers Grove, but the description includes a non-functioning website strictlyautos.com and a phone number in St. Louis. Sounds shady.

Here's what I would do. "luxuryautoauctions" is almost certainly the eBay account for Luxury Motors in Downers Grove (630-241-4848), which is a legitimate ("bricks and mortar") used-car dealer. (You can do a search on previous posts here, and you'll find that some buyers have had positive experiences there, others have been less favorable.) I would call THEM - NOT the phone number in the eBay description - and ask them if they placed the eBay auction. If they did, then it's probably legit. If they didn't, then this could very well be another eBay scam in which an eBay account was hijacked in order to sell a car that the seller doesn't own.

If the auction is legitimate, I would arrange for the car to be inspected at your expense at Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates (847-519-9550), which is the nearest dealer with a lot of NSX experience.

If the auction is not theirs, and their account has been hijacked, please report the problem to the eBay Security Center.

Blue book value is over $30,000

I love the way sellers always quote the full retail blue book value for their ads. Why in the world would anyone want to pay full retail for anything? Unless you have a very desireable, super clean, documented cream puff, no dealer is going to get that price.

Appears to be legit, however in looking at the pics, car seems like it rides a little high, particularly in front, wheels are chewed up, drivers seat bolster looks a little ratty...perhaps nothing but as Ken said, get a 3rd party inspection. Service records? Talk to previous owner?

I bought my X via a web ad, but you have to be diligent and kiss alot of frogs :rolleyes: to find that one nice car.

Bought mine 8 hrs away from where I live, made a road trip out of it. All my friends thought I was crazy, but hey they don't know what they're missing right???

Enjoy the ride

Back