What do you think of this color?

Thinking about painting mine this color and getting gun metal wheels. Thoughts?

attachment.php

Attachments

• fff9f6b524a0c541e9603ddb036f7163.jpg
    fff9f6b524a0c541e9603ddb036f7163.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 193
Well since you asked. Yes it is a nice "unique" color and I'm sure the owner thinks so too, since he likely picked it because no one else had it and spent alot of money changing colors. With so many unique colors available why would you chose someone else's
dream color? Personally I would bummed if someone picked the same one off color as mine. Please don't take this personal but car guys do tend to think this way.

there is a jdm color just like that..

Repainting a non-stock color is always a challenging decision, regardless of the color chosen.
On the plus side you have a unique (or rare) color and shiny paint.

On the other hand, a proper paint job including sills, fender lips, trunk area exposed paint, never mind the engine compartment might be $5K?
Then you lose about the same amount in car value.

If a special color is worth around $10K to you then pick any color you fancy and paint away.

Well since you asked. Yes it is a nice "unique" color and I'm sure the owner thinks so too, since he likely picked it because no one else had it and spent alot of money changing colors. With so many unique colors available why would you chose someone else's
dream color? Personally I would bummed if someone picked the same one off color as mine. Please don't take this personal but car guys do tend to think this way.

:frown:

There is a guy in my city with an NSX that color.....and I always cringe when I see it:eek:

Sorry, but that color just doesn't bode well with an NSX IMO.....reminds me of one of my girlfriends(back in the day) 240sx from the 90's....but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Doing a paint color change on any NSX is a bad idea anyways...unless you plan on being buried in it, it kills the value if you ever need to sale....that's is why wrapping is a great alternative with cars like these....much cheaper then a paint job and you can do pretty much any color you can dream of.... I had mine wrapped a few years ago and it still looks brand new and I have to tell people it's wrapped or they would never know.... A good shop and good product/color will do that. Best thing is I can go back to black anytime I want.... In a couple more years I'll probably wrap it again in another color I always loved...kaiser silver:cool:

Last edited:
Back