What do you think of the Aussies??

Austrialians are...

• ... an indigenous + transplanted people in the SW quadrant of the globe

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • ...the most seriously hardcore beer drinkers I've ever met and I dig it

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • ...put another shrimp on the barbie! ya dick.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • ...alright, but not Brazilian or anything really cool.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Ski_Banker

Suspended
Okay, honest question: What do you think of those people? The Australians. And their mutton-loving brethren, the Kiwis.

Me?

I think those crazy bastards are the coolest people on the planet. And the ladies -- all the English accent with none of the English attitude! Ahhh...someday.... :tongue:

Just wait till the sun comes up and all 8 NSX owners in Australia read this. Talk about a firestorm! duck!

Oh GAWD! Here he goes again.

1. Americans hate him
2. Europeans now hate him
3. Now...

Any NSX's in Latin America or Central America? Africa?

the aussies are blast to be drinking with on my 5 month travel through asia, but the french that i met...they're a little off, but the women are great!

Nobody drinks more beer per capita than Canadians!

The number one drink in Auz is TEA!!!!

Ski Banker seeing it looks like you used your 2,000th post for this topic, on behalf of all 8 of us, we're very flattered.

Options 1, 2 and 3 all look valid and correct. 4 is obviously some holdover from a previous poll.

If this means Australia is on your short list should you decide to Desert the USA... we really need to clear up a few things:
  • Aussie girls don't have an English accent unless they've got at least 2 university degrees. I live with an English girl, I know these things. As for the English attitude... well I think you've met all the wrong ones... or maybe I'm just too pussy-whipped? :smile:
  • According to Wikipedia Aussies drink 29 gallons of beer a year per capita (4th worldwide), compared to 21.6 for the USA (14th) and 18.1 for Canada (20th). Czech Republic trumps all at 41.5 gallons/year. Australia is the only country in the top 12 that doesn't have much cold weather... and personally I do drink more tea. Jasmine tea.
  • Not *every* Aussie animal is out to kill you. Some only scavenge corpses, and others just kill by accident :smile:
  • The 2002-2005 NSX sold here for USD $235,000. As a result there are only 5 in Australia. Bring yours with you!
Maybe we need a poll about countries with too much time on their hands! :biggrin:

another pint...

Nobody drinks more beer per capita than Canadians!

The number one drink in Auz is TEA!!!!
Not exactly. Actually, quite a many people tend to consume beer more than the Canucks! In-fact, even the Aussies... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_consumption_by_country

wiki said:
Rank / Country / Consumtion (L/yr)
1 Czech Republic 156.9
2 Ireland Ireland 131.1
3 Germany 115.8
4 Australia 109.9
5 Austria 108.3
6 United Kingdom 99.0
7 Slovenia 93.3
8 Belgium 93.0
9 Denmark 89.9
10 Finland 85.0
11 Luxembourg 84.4
12 Slovakia 84.1
13 Spain 83.8
14 United States 81.6
15 Croatia 81.2
16 Netherlands 79.0
17 New Zealand 77.0
18 Hungary 75.3
19 Poland 69.1
20 Canada 68.3

Further affirmation...

http://www.kirinholdings.co.jp/english/ir/news_release051215_4.html

Even your Canadian press concurs...

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/food/beer_challenge/lukewarm.html

ROFL, I get it. Too funny.

(It must be an abnormal hour now there too, mate) :tongue:

:biggrin:
Hey if the girl in your avatar is the English girl with attitute... I'd definately look into forgiving her for it!

Neo! Mate what's this liquid type substance falling from the sky? Hope you didn't take your bike today!

All I know is the 2 Australian ladies my buddy and I met ( way before I was married ) sure liked us American guys! :wink:

The only thing Canadians consume a lot of is Tim Horton doughnuts.

I was just in New Zealand and the people were very cool there.

Yeah, no one's cooler than Canadians, although the Aussies come extremely close!

Not sure who's hotter, a hot Aussie chick or a hot French Canadian chick with her lil' accent. I can tell you who goes more and better, though ;)

I love the Aussies. Wish more of them would come to Canada.

I made friends with a bunch of Aussies at our last corporate kick off event- We had some fun, as it was revealed that I had lived in Texas for some time. We did a lot of drinking over the course of a few days.

After going on a binge of beer consumption we determined the following-

"Texas is the Austrailia of the United States, and Austrailia is the Texas of the world."

I have a feeling I would like it there too.

Philip

Back