what do you think about burnt orange seats?

As soon as i find my NSX the first thing i wanted to do was redo the seats. I did a seach on it and found some people restorering the original. So i decided to just re-leather the seats and now im down to 2 options. The seats would be going in a black on black nsx. So the interior would be black except for the seats.

1st-redo seats to burnt orange leather like the 350z...pics blow. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

2nd- redo seats to red leather seats kind of like the NSX-R?

so which would you guys go for? RED OR ORANGE?

heres two pics of the burnt orange...i think it looks exotic.

Attachments

• 350z interior smaller.jpg
    350z interior smaller.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 523
  • DSCN0046 interior smaller.jpg
    DSCN0046 interior smaller.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 581
or the RED?

Attachments

• 350z silver with red leather2 smaller.jpg
    350z silver with red leather2 smaller.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 524
  • 350z silver with red leather3.jpg
    350z silver with red leather3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 465
so it would look something like

this enzo with orange seats looks sooooooooo nice. sorry for the blurry pics

and the silver with red seats but picture it on a black car

and black 350z with orange again

Attachments

• enzo orange interior smaller.jpg
    enzo orange interior smaller.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 480
  • 510203_2_full.jpg
    510203_2_full.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 465
  • 350zm3.jpg
    350zm3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 440
burnt orange all the way!!! hook'em horns!!! :biggrin:

Zlee said:
burnt orange all the way!!! hook'em horns!!! :biggrin:

Forget the burnt orange unless you go to tu.

Gig' Em, and go for the red 'cause it looks almost maroon.

Forget the butterscotch leather. Get exhaust and headers!
It's the sound and view from within that makes the car great to me.

I'd stick with black on black...cleaner, sleeker and just plain better looking :biggrin:

the main reason why im doing it is because, on the older nsx's the leather just looks like crap(no offence)...all faded n all, and i know its because it just normal wear and tear. but since i was going to re-upholster the leather anyways..i was thinking why not a different color and give it a more exotic look.

poohbear -There is this place in so cali that redo/install/custom make leather for other dealers so i was thinking of going there.

I guess i can go with black again because all black leather is my favorate ..i wouldnt have it any other way...ive had black leather all my life. But i really want something different. like the 2nd picture is acually my friends car and OMG the orange seats w/ black interior makes such a difference. it almost made me get that car just for the seats. :D
but anyways, i really like the exotic look to it. Like the spa yellow with the yellow interior is HOT. So you guy nsx guys dont like other color on seats.. I guess i ask because if i were to sell the car later....i dont want it not to sell because nobody likes the seats.

heres a NSX with red. IF i were to get red i would do it like this with the door panels and all. I freakin love that.

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 424
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 375
BTW anyone know what interior this nsx is? NSX-R maybe?
I think that's just a red interior out of a 2000+ NSX. Definitely not a NSX-R, the NSX-R seats weren't even remotely close to stock ones, they were very light-weight.

...Oh god that car is an auto, it pains me to look at it :(:( (damn auto lever looks like it rights out of a 1989 accord)

accor31.jpg

jadkar said:
I think that's just a red interior out of a 2000+ NSX. Definitely not a NSX-R, the NSX-R seats weren't even remotely close to stock ones, they were very light-weight.

...Oh god that car is an auto, it pains me to look at it :(:( (damn auto lever looks like it rights out of a 1989 accord)

accor31.jpg

Nice Acura Accord.

BTW - Black/Black for sure.

-j-

jadkar said:

accor31.jpg
My EYES!!! :eek:
Is that a rice cooker timer on the left? Nice heel and toe set up. :rolleyes:
Steve

How about black with the centers of the seats done in red?? That would look sweet.

veilstylez said:
RED or ORANGE~????

:biggrin:
RED all the way....the contrast between red and black is better. :tongue:

veilstylez said:
since i was going to re-upholster the leather anyways..i was thinking why not a different color and give it a more exotic look.
Looks are a matter of personal taste. I think having seats in a contrasting color looks really tacky, but if you want that look, go for it!

However, I would also advise you to save the original leather so that you can restore them to black if and when you sell the car. Cars with garish custom interior colors are extremely difficult to re-sell and typically require a substantially lower selling price to sell.

To each their own but for me definitely Red

32.jpg

I think the burnt orange would look good.
12261Nice_Seats.jpg

You can sell your existing NSX seats to someone else... (the red piping is kinda cool)
interior02_800x600.jpg

interior_800x600.jpg

TTony said:
32.jpg

I think the burnt orange would look good.
12261Nice_Seats.jpg

Nice seats TTony..:biggrin:

Another Shot

Back