What do these two plugs go to?

Was examining the engine bay today and saw these two plugs hanging around without a home. Anyone know where they belong?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160911_142920.jpg
    IMG_20160911_142920.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 277
Does your car still have the engine cooling fan from the right side intake (can't tell from the picture)? The top grey plug looks like it might have gone to that. Not too sure of the other one. I break out the Service Manual and see if I can find it, if someone doesn't chime in first.

Just looked at my car and they are indeed for the engine fan.

Last edited:
My car does not have the engine bay fan. Huh, I never knew these cars had such a thing.

Thanks for the response, guys! I'll need to dig up a diagram today and see what the heck that pink plug is for...

Looks like maybe your car was ctsc'd at one point. The kit ditches the engine cooling fan. Lots of us have these lying around if your looking for one including me. But those are the plugs for the cooling fan.

some folks with boosted cars who have the fan have rewired it to be a manual fan with a switch, kinda a on demand placebo:tongue:

Alright, so it looks like the loose grey plug goes to the engine bay fan. What about the loose light brown plug? I think I'll just run without the fan, seemingly useless as Honda omitted it on later model years.

When I looked at mine, it looks like both plugs go to the fan. The light brown one has a deeper socket that it goes into so it is hard to distinguish when looking at pictures of it.

Back