What color should this hood be?

Larry G recently returned from Arizona after having some mods done to his car, including this new hood. The question arose as to whether he should:

1. Paint the hood white to match the car.
2. Leave the hood the way it is.
3. Paint the windshield washers black to match the hood.

He asked that I pose this to the general public to help him decide.

19890642-L.jpg

A) Paint the hood white to match the car.

B) Leave it black (paint it black), paint the nozzles and headlamp doors black in keeping with the front hood line so the front 1 1/4" of the headlamp door would stay white. Like the original Ford GT40.

C) leave it as is and put a large white circle with # 54 in the center and a spotlight on left door. :biggrin:

Last edited:
4. Paint the rest of the car black.

Just kidding. Personally I would paint the hood white but it looks good as it is also.

I vote for either all white, or poohbear style white/black

I'd go white, I don't think the black/carbon fibre hood look goes well on the NSX because the edges of the hood are to sharp (where the hood meets the lights) as opposed to the s2000 for example. Even then white looks cleaner in my opinion.

White all the way.Of course I am bias.

Wait a minute. I change my mine.I still want to be the only all white car in these NSX events in the future.
Can you get the EZ pass in carbon fiber?

My vote is for all white. Although, the PoohBear-style that White94 suggested might work too.

Attachments

• 19890642-L-mod.jpg
    19890642-L-mod.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 509
Ojas said:
My vote is for all white. Although, the PoohBear-style that White94 suggested might work too.

Damn Ojas, you are a photoshop PIMP.

my vote is to leave it as it is, but to change the wiper arms to white, then we'll have the Bee in the NE, and the Zebra as well. With Bailey's go slow wing, we have the tortoise!!!! :biggrin:

I opt for No. 3 (windshield washers black) plus a black CF R-rear-wing (if he doesn't already have one - I can't see in the pic). That would be the look of the original NSX-R concept car which I like.

NSX-Racer said:
I opt for No. 3 (windshield washers black) plus a black CF R-rear-wing (if he doesn't already have one - I can't see in the pic). That would be the look of the original NSX-R concept car which I like.

The black wing is the next step in his project. I don't know whether that would alter anyone's vote about the hood.

#3........nozzles gotta be black, otherwise it would look like you have some rice washers.... :wink: :biggrin:

I vote for "leave it as is".

It has a vicious - don't mess with me look.

I have the very same question too, anyone who's good at photoshop can help me??
the bottom one is not photoshopped, very poor photo editing skill... :redface:

Attachments

• am3m.jpg
    am3m.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 442
  • carbon1.jpg
    carbon1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 441
White all the way....(even with the black rear wing).

Paint it white. You don't want it looking LIKE THIS now, do you? :wink:

Those pics were actually taken a couple of days before the hood and rear valence were painted. Car actually looks a lot better with the hood painted white, rear valence painted white, the black roof, CF NSX-R wing, and black mirrors on the car now.

Back