what car alarm are you using?

funny+dog+driving+car.jpg

i have one that came with the car, but its just a cheap kind. id like to get a new one, but not sure whats good.

Something wrong with it?

Most alarms do the same thing (minus the rarely used bells and whistles).

The effectiveness of an alarm is 10% the features of the alarm itself, and 90% how well it was installed.

Something wrong with it?

Most alarms do the same thing (minus the rarely used bells and whistles).

The effectiveness of an alarm is 10% the features of the alarm itself, and 90% how well it was installed.

well mines is pretty old, i would rather an updated alarm, one with a led keypad possibly? and have a better reach to disarm?

i was looking at the viper 5901

but can you name the car that the dog is sitting in?

hint: it was made in 1990-1991

The SmartStart sounds great in theory, but I've seen tons of complaints about it. It only works in areas with good cell reception.

I removed the OEM keyless entry system and replaced it with a Viper 3203. I also found a disconnected LoJack system tucked back behind the dash. :)

anything for if someone tries to tow or flat bed your car, like a GPS locator or motion sensor thingy...??? I hear that that is the new thing with car thieves. Why mess with the alarm if you can tow the car and hide it in a garage and mess with it.

The SmartStart sounds great in theory, but I've seen tons of complaints about it. It only works in areas with good cell reception.

Yeah, that was before the iPhone made it to Verizon and it was on AT&T's shitty GSM network. I've talked to several people that have either iPhones, Blackberries and Droids on Verizon with SmartStarts and they say the range is virtually unlimited. One guy told me that he parked his car in long-term parking at the airport and locked it with his Blackberry while the plane was taking off. Not on the runway, literally taking off.:eek:

yeah I know the 1990-1993 Honda Accords still hold their value.

if you look on Craigslist for that year they all are selling for about 3-5K
been steady for years. never below 3K ever.

I still have my 1993 Accord SE I start it up every other day its still blows ICE Cold air.

bought car with Alpine alarm. turns out dead. had dei avitar larm put in instead. Makes it easy for keyless entry with trunk popper.. lately it been acting weird, probably because the car battery goes dead too often.. havent driven the x lately. crazy weather we have here. had hails today here. still storming bad out.

I had a compustar pro installed at a local shop. It activates the led in the door as per factory, has door unlock and trunk opener. The range is excellent, there are no battery draining problems, all in all I am very pleased with this system.

Peter

Back