What are these for?

Little black switch next to driver's side foot light.
Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 10.29.16 AM.jpg

Little nubs on the exterior of both sides where the window meets the roof.
Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 10.30.04 AM.jpg

Thanks!
-Jeff

Is the switch a power shut off? As jwmelvin says it's not oem so I'd be finding out exactly why it's there/

The tabs on the windows keep them from popping open at high speeds where there is a significant low pressure area on the outside of the window.

Last edited:
that's not a switch, it's the knob for the cover over the dash fuse box

Above that knob and to the right there is a switch.

I found out that it's a valet or kill switch to an aftermarket alarm system that also disables the engine. Learned the hard way and gave me a brief worry trying to figure it out.

Thanks guys!

Above that knob and to the right there is a switch.

I found out that it's a valet or kill switch to an aftermarket alarm system that also disables the engine. Learned the hard way and gave me a brief worry trying to figure it out.

Thanks guys!

missed the switch....hadn't had my coffee yet.....

nosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Little black switch next to driver's side foot light.
View attachment 126643

Little nubs on the exterior of both sides where the window meets the roof.
View attachment 126644

Thanks!
-Jeff

the tabs, from what ive been told, are to keep the windows from bowing out at high speed since they are an exterior only window and do not tuck into the car

just noticed, someone already covered this... oops

Last edited:
Got another doozy for you guys... whats the switch on the right side in the glove compartment for?

The switch on the left is for the trunk... but then there's this thin silver switch on the right side in the back of the glove compartment...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 5.35.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 5.35.49 PM.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 227
Got another doozy for you guys... whats the switch on the right side in the glove compartment for?
The switch on the left is for the trunk... but then there's this thin silver switch on the right side in the back of the glove compartment...

I don't have one in my 91.
Maybe it's another one of the previous owners mods

more nossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

i don't have one either,agree that it's aftermarket

turns the flame throwers on.

My NSX had three kill switches. When I would valet the car upfront I would switch two of them off and have no problem giving the valet the keys. There were many times when a valet came looking for me asking me how to start the car. I would usually say "I told you that I parked the car and that no one is going to move it." Ha.

Back