What are other car Forums saying about 2nd NSX

I'm really curious what Japanese NSX owners are saying. I've unable to find a Japanese NSX forum, not that it would do me any good since I can read Japanese but there are prime members that does.

Their opinion matters a great deal. USA and Japan are NSX's major markets.

Same shit different toilet. It seems that the general consensus about the ascc is that no one really likes it!
Those ferrari guys had nothing but praises for NSX tho! I hope honda's listening.

Um okay you seem to be making a career of this. You keep bringing up Ferrarichat so apparently you haven't done a search and seen that we are not on such good terms with that board. They constantly diss the NSX and come over here and bother us frequently. So they really don't hold any sway with us.

You know you've pretty much reached overkill with the BASH the ASC thing and since you don't have an NSX why not go to a board that has something you want to buy in 08? you praise the R8 and would like to know more about the next Espirit so why not post something constructively over there. You've beat the ASC thing to death so like enough already.

1) Um okay you seem to be making a career of this. You keep bringing up Ferrarichat ......

2) ........ So they really don't hold any sway with us.

3) You know you've pretty much reached overkill with the BASH the ASC thing and since you don't have an NSX why not go to a board that has something you want to buy in 08?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) I bring up FerrariChat because they have huge numbers of car fans over there... and it gives a better statistical sample since NSXprime is a bit small. (If you read their thread... they have nothing but respect for the old NSX now that they see the possable replacement)

2) FerrariChat doesn't have to have sway with Prime members. They have sway with the general mood of what the car public thinks of Acura's new car.

I'm just looking for large numbers of car guys. That's why I asked if we can get Vette, Auston Martin, Viper, or BMW forum threads also. I want to see if the new Acura is being praised anywhere in the Car Universe?

3) There is something I want to buy- and its here! I don't own an NSX because the car is now 15 years old and I'm in the market for a new car in the near future. I want the HSC and I will continue to ask questions about the logic of ASC at this time for Honda? Its not a done deal yet. And so-far I haven't found a significant positive reaction to the ASC in any segment of the car world. I'm sure Honda is doing some market research also, before they decide to green light the ASC.

You're right....Lets put a postive spin on this. I shouldn't bash the ASC.
Instead, think of it this way- I want to find a significant sized group of car guys, that are talking about buying the ASC. Lets prove Honda is right or wrong with this car.

We can both agree, the worst thing for Honda is to make a mistake and end-up with a 2nd slow selling super-car. HSC/ASC they have to pick the right one. And I know they will do good research before they pull the triger.

P.S. R8 and Esprit are fall-back choices. I'd rather not deal with either one. I am a Honda fan.

Last edited:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) I bring up FerrariChat because they have huge numbers of car fans over there... and it gives a better statistical sample since NSXprime is a bit small. (If you read their thread... they have nothing but respect for the old NSX now that they see the possable replacement)

2) FerrariChat doesn't have to have sway with Prime members. They have sway with the general mood of what the car public thinks of Acura's new car.

I'm just looking for large numbers of car guys. That's why I asked if we can get Vette, Auston Martin, Viper, or BMW forum threads also. I want to see if the new Acura is being praised anywhere in the Car Universe?

3) There is something I want to buy- and its here! I don't own an NSX because the car is now 15 years old and I'm in the market for a new car in the near future. I want the HSC and I will continue to ask questions about the logic of ASC at this time for Honda? Its not a done deal yet. And so-far I haven't found a significant positive reaction to the ASC in any segment of the car world. I'm sure Honda is doing some market research also, before they decide to green light the ASC.

You're right....Lets put a postive spin on this. I shouldn't bash the ASC.
Instead, think of it this way- I want to find a significant sized group of car guys, that are talking about buying the ASC. Lets prove Honda is right or wrong with this car.

We can both agree, the worst thing for Honda is to make a mistake and end-up with a 2nd slow selling super-car. HSC/ASC they have to pick the right one. And I know they will do good research before they pull the triger.

P.S. R8 and Esprit are fall-back choices. I'd rather not deal with either one. I am a Honda fan.

How can we prove Honda right or wrong on something that doesn't exist yet? At this point the ASCC is just to show the "design direction" of their successor to the NSX. That's it until the Tokyo auto show we don't know anything other than V10 500+ hp front engine and SH AWD ( even the SH AWD is still up in the air ).

People are upset that Honda isn't doing a mid-engine ,but their mid engine didn't sell well so they're trying something new. They add a big engine and more hp ( very un Honda ) and people are still unhappy. If Honda did make a MR with 500hp and said they were going to charge $120-130K for it people would complain that it's too much money for a Honda! Apparently this is the best way for them to come to market with a new sportscar and possibly make some money on it. I'm all for that. Will I miss the HSC? always ,but since it never came to market why would I get worked up over it anymore!

How can we prove Honda right or wrong on something that doesn't exist yet? At this point the ASCC is just to show the "design direction" of their successor to the NSX. That's it until the Tokyo auto show we don't know anything other than V10 500+ hp front engine and SH AWD ( even the SH AWD is still up in the air ).

People are upset that Honda isn't doing a mid-engine ,but their mid engine didn't sell well so they're trying something new. They add a big engine and more hp ( very un Honda ) and people are still unhappy. If Honda did make a MR with 500hp and said they were going to charge $120-130K for it people would complain that it's too much money for a Honda! Apparently this is the best way for them to come to market with a new sportscar and possibly make some money on it. I'm all for that. Will I miss the HSC? always ,but since it never came to market why would I get worked up over it anymore!

I agree.
As much as we love the NSX, it was a marketing disaster for honda for the majority of its lifespan.
I work for a honda/acura dealership and the last 2 NSXs went to the owner and his son. They didnt sell that well and honda lost money on them. Honda is going to look at the bigger picture and try to come out with a car thast going to make them some $$$
Unfortunately for us.....it differs greatly from what we know and love. We have to cherish the NSX for what it is. There are many great cars that have come and long gone and we still hold them on a pedistal......the NSX will be one of those!

I agree.
As much as we love the NSX, it was a marketing disaster for honda for the majority of its lifespan.
I work for a honda/acura dealership and the last 2 NSXs went to the owner and his son. They didnt sell that well and honda lost money on them. Honda is going to look at the bigger picture and try to come out with a car thast going to make them some $$$
Unfortunately for us.....it differs greatly from what we know and love. We have to cherish the NSX for what it is. There are many great cars that have come and long gone and we still hold them on a pedistal......the NSX will be one of those!

Well said!

not exotic enough for my taste. :rolleyes:
08nsx_bc1206-01.jpg

I agree.

That is all well and good if Acura really wants to compete in the market segment and provide cars that sell. I personally would not start with the AASCC but start with cars that can better compete with the competition. I personally like the RL, but it doesn't compare too well against the Lexus GS430 much less the LS460. TL compared to the IS350? Not so good. TSX to the IS250? Much better. What is Honda today? Are they still "Precision Crafted Performance"? Are they still "Power of Dreams"? Or are they just a company following the road of least resistance? Performance wise most of the competitions cars best Acura already. I haven't been dreaming of owning and Acura car lately either.

That is all well and good if Acura really wants to compete in the market segment and provide cars that sell. I personally would not start with the AASCC but start with cars that can better compete with the competition. I personally like the RL, but it doesn't compare too well against the Lexus GS430 much less the LS460. TL compared to the IS350? Not so good. TSX to the IS250? Much better. What is Honda today? Are they still "Precision Crafted Performance"? Are they still "Power of Dreams"? Or are they just a company following the road of least resistance? Performance wise most of the competitions cars best Acura already. I haven't been dreaming of owning and Acura car lately either.

Compare how? The RL beats the GS430 in comparison tests. The TSX regulary makes the 10best on C&D and the only thing the IS350 has on the TL is rwd and hp. Acura is always known as being sportier than Lexus. I mean Lexus won't even give you a stick with their big engines. Acura will let a "driver" turn off all the safety nannies while Lexus makes you jump hoops to control their cars. Lexus is just electrical doodads and numb steering ( hey it's meant to be a cruiser not a drivers car ).

Compare how? The RL beats the GS430 in comparison tests. The TSX regulary makes the 10best on C&D and the only thing the IS350 has on the TL is rwd and hp. Acura is always known as being sportier than Lexus. I mean Lexus won't even give you a stick with their big engines. Acura will let a "driver" turn off all the safety nannies while Lexus makes you jump hoops to control their cars. Lexus is just electrical doodads and numb steering ( hey it's meant to be a cruiser not a drivers car ).

The RL matched the GS300 in tests, but performance wise gets killed by the GS350 much less the GS430. I mentioned the TSX fairs much better against the IS250 so I agree with you there. My brother in law has an 05 TSX and I think it is a great car. Compare that with the IS350 though and it doesn't fair too well. Anyway, I agree with you on what Acura used to be compared to Lexus. Remember from my old posts I started off with the Integra, then on to 3 Legend Coupes, one with a 6-Speed manual, then the NSX. I still consider the late 80s to mid 90s the best years of Acura. Since then I haven't owned an Acura aside from the NSX because from the first TL and RL, Acura moved away from what they started and decided to cater to the mass market. Sales sure went up, but the passion died out. At least for me. I now own a few Lexus cars and agree with you about the steering feel, but the interiors are really nice:biggrin: All this makes me wish for the mid 90s type Acura cars gain. That is probably why next car will probably be neither and Acura or Lexus but a BMW.

In which way is lexus beating acura though? My TL really competes with the lexus ES300 which it comletely blows away. Acura doesnt make a car to compete with the LS460 and as far as im concerned....the RL is a way better value than a GS300 AWD. Acura will be introducing V8s as we all know then it will better compete with the other 8cyl luxo cars. Power aside.....the acura line is easily the best value.

Ditto...

Same thing here, always have had a Honda vehicle ever since I bought my first vehicle, but by the way things are looking maybe the only Honda in my garage might be a lawnmower, hehe.. :p

As a lifelong Honda fan/owner, the current lack of attractive vehicles to choose from the Honda/Acura lineup is a total dissapointment.

In which way is lexus beating acura though? My TL really competes with the lexus ES300 which it comletely blows away. Acura doesnt make a car to compete with the LS460 and as far as im concerned....the RL is a way better value than a GS300 AWD. Acura will be introducing V8s as we all know then it will better compete with the other 8cyl luxo cars. Power aside.....the acura line is easily the best value.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind owning a TL myself. It is a good car and I defend a lot of Acura cars on Club Lexus myself. You just pointed it out though. Acura doesn't have a car that competes against the Lexus LS. I agree about the TL vs ES350 as I don't really care of the ES even though I own a 94 which I hate:tongue: The RL faired well against the GS300, but that was 06. For 07 there is no longer a GS300 and it is now called the GS350 with a more powerful engine and much better performance. Not too mention Lexus still has a V8 optioned GS430 as well. Coupes? Well, Acura had Lexus beat in the 90s with the Legend Coupe. I owned them, loved them, and choose it over the Lexus SC. I later did own an SC400 myself, but still missed my Legend Coupe more. Today, Acura has no Coupe. At least Lexus still has somewhat of a Coupe in the SC430.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind owning a TL myself. It is a good car and I defend a lot of Acura cars on Club Lexus myself. You just pointed it out though. Acura doesn't have a car that competes against the Lexus LS. I agree about the TL vs ES350 as I don't really care of the ES even though I own a 94 which I hate:tongue: The RL faired well against the GS300, but that was 06. For 07 there is no longer a GS300 and it is now called the GS350 with a more powerful engine and much better performance. Not too mention Lexus still has a V8 optioned GS430 as well. Coupes? Well, Acura had Lexus beat in the 90s with the Legend Coupe. I owned them, loved them, and choose it over the Lexus SC. I later did own an SC400 myself, but still missed my Legend Coupe more. Today, Acura has no Coupe. At least Lexus still has somewhat of a Coupe in the SC430.

Just because it's faster doesn't make it a better performer. Straight line isn't everything and that's never been what Honda was about. Here's a comparo where the RL went against the GS430 and other vehicles.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/9391/spoilsport-sedans.html

Is that what Acura has become?? A value line? If I wanted value, I'd buy a Hyundai!! Acura makes great cars that are as exciting style-wise as milk toast. People see a Lexus and perceive that it's an expensive car. People see an Acura (NSX excluded) and think it's a mid price toyota,honda,nissan. They don't have luxury division prestige anymore. I was unaware of Acura developing v8s. That will help, but as with the ASC, it's not all about the engine. People will still complain about the ASC (even more so) when it costs $120K and is front engine being too expensive for an Acura. I still contend that the NSX failed because Honda failed it. Their best selling car, the Accord, would be discontinued as well if it was still the same exact car (for the most part) for 15 years. They freshen it and advertise the hell out of that car and it's a success. The NSX was left hanging on the vine with no real tweaks to help it sell better.

Is that what Acura has become?? A value line? If I wanted value, I'd buy a Hyundai!! Acura makes great cars that are as exciting style-wise as milk toast. People see a Lexus and perceive that it's an expensive car. People see an Acura (NSX excluded) and think it's a mid price toyota,honda,nissan. They don't have luxury division prestige anymore. I was unaware of Acura developing v8s. That will help, but as with the ASC, it's not all about the engine. People will still complain about the ASC (even more so) when it costs $120K and is front engine being too expensive for an Acura. I still contend that the NSX failed because Honda failed it. Their best selling car, the Accord, would be discontinued as well if it was still the same exact car (for the most part) for 15 years. They freshen it and advertise the hell out of that car and it's a success. The NSX was left hanging on the vine with no real tweaks to help it sell better.

You're right on. Acura is all messed up. They come out with the great segment creating car -the Legend. People love it, it's got style and sport. What do they do? Kill the car and kill the name and turn what's left into a luxo-barge. They come out with the Integra - people love it, it's got style and sport. What do they do? Kill the car and kill the name and turn what's left into whatever (TSX?). They come out with NSX - people love it, it's got style and sport. What do they do? Kill the car and kill the name, and turn what's left into the ASCC.

Guess what car company ranks 24th (out of 37) in terms of customer retention? You got it, Acura.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2778

Back