Went to Lambo of Dallas today

I am in dallas for a 5 days and I decided to check out Lamborghini of Dallas as I had never been there before. They building itself was not too impressive, but wow, those lambos are awesome! I had never seen a Gallardo before and It looks GREAT in person. Wow. I have always loved the diablos, but seeing a merci next to a diablo made the diablo look really dated.

The wheels and brakes on the gallardo are HUGE. My NSX brakes looked like nothing. Now I need some nice drilled rotors to look cool!

Anyway, if you live and dallas, check it out.

SOrry, no pix.

I went to Ferrari of Dallas today. What a let down. They had nothing.

They did have a couple of F40's in the shop though. YUM.

NetViper said:
I had never seen a Gallardo before and It looks GREAT in person. Wow.

Welcome to the club! :p

I have heard this so many times now... my car-related hope for the future is that the Gallardo will end in sub-360 prices in 3-4 years from now and with that look and the reliability that Audi did put into it... it would be my perfect car! :) :) :)

A lamborgini just dosent seem like a Lambo with out the verticle doors. Its a nice car but I prefer the Diablo or Murcielago over the Gallardo.

Last edited:
Actually the true original Lambo supercar was with normal doors, the Miura.

It was only with the second generation (Countach) that they were introduced. But I agree, I would want scissor doors too...

...but then, who would want the Murcielago? :p

Murcielago & Gallardo

Picture from a track event at Infineon back in February (MarkB was there perhaps he remembers), the Murcielago and the Gallardo were owned by the same guy, he had one more car at the track that day a Lapis Blue GT3.

I had the chance to follow the Gallardo around the track for about 1 1/2 laps, the professional instructor who was driving the car was taking it relatively easy, finally I decided to pass the car before turn 10 at Infineon, afterwards I kept looking back via the mirrors to see how the Gallardo looked while chasing me, it was fun :).

From the owner and driving instructor's comments, the Gallardo handled better at the track being a bit more balanced and being lighter than the Murcielago.

And finally according to MarkB there was also an Enzo at the parking lot of Infineon that day, I never had a chance to take a look at the car or take pictures that would have really made my day :).

Ken

BTW: Last Friday at Thunderhill there was a guy who had *many* track toys as well, a Porsche GT3 Cup Car, a 360 Challenge and a 993 GT2 car and another older Porsche race car (don't remember if it was an RSR). In one of the sessions his GT2 had some problems so he simply pulled into the garages switched cars and proceeded to drive his 360 Challenge for the rest of the session, that's what I call being spoiled , hehe :D.

Attachments

• gallardo-murcielago.jpg
    gallardo-murcielago.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 483
NetViper said:
Anyway, if you live and dallas, check it out.

I'm the only person I know of who spent his lunch hour once parked outside just staring.

How'd Dallas go for you NetViper?

Picture from a track event at Infineon back in February

Ha, nice. The first time I saw a Murcielago was in February. I was driving on 37 and a Murcielago was headed away from Infineon

Thanks for the pic :D

Back