Weird police brief

The most rediculous things show up here in The State News Police Briefs:

Two Dansville High School students face 10 years in prison for tampering with a teacher's food Friday, according to the Ingham County Sheriff's Department. One student told Sheriff's Deputy Tim O'Neill he licked an apple on the teacher's desk, and another said he urinated in a water bottle, which was also on the desk. The suspects are 14 and 15 years old. Sheriff's deputies will seek juvenile petitions for altering food products, a 10-year felony

o_O

I agree with the police. At 14-15 yrs old you should know better. If the teacher had drank from the bottle without realizing that it was contaminated, she could have been seriously effected. 10yrs may be a little harsh for an obvious prank, but still, legal action is definatly warrented. IMO.

That reminded me of a story I read in the paper today...

Cops say teens served pupils poisoned cake
The Associated Press

MARIETTA, Ga. - Two seventh-grade girls were arrested on charges that they served poisoned cake at their middle school cafeteria to about a dozen students who became ill and were taken to the hospital.
Lawyers for the girls said the cake was a prank, and that they had no intention to harm anyone. Lab tests showed the icing on the cornbread cake contained an expired prescription drug, bleach, clay and tabasco sauce.
''They took it into the cafeteria at lunch time and began passing it out to students, just whoever would take a piece,'' said Jay Dillon, spokesman for the Cobb County School District in suburban Atlanta.
Some of the students started vomiting after eating the cake, officials said. Eleven of the students, mostly seventh graders, were treated at a hospital and released, Dillon said.
''There was some hysteria, from what I understand,'' Detective Dwayne Delk said.
The 13-year-old girls appeared Wednesday before a Juvenile Court judge who refused their attorneys' request to allow them to go home.
The judge will reconsider the request on Friday.
Police said one of the teens was charged with 12 counts of aggravated assault with intent to commit murder, among other charges. The other girl was charged with the same 12 aggravated assault charges.
Dillon said the girls will be suspended and could be expelled.

Back